• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking to see if anyone has an upper receiver block I can use for a day or so. I'll need to use one to remove the barrel nut to install a new rail. I'm in Milton and work on west side of Pensacola. If you have one you wouldnt mind loaning, please let me know.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one along with a bunch of other AR tools. I live over by Academy. Just send me a PM with your schedule and we can work something out.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Will do. Thanks. i'm gonna try to find one locally between now and then but if I come up empty I'll holler at ya. Thanks again

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bluewater, quick question if I may. Is yours a receiver block that clamps over the receiver or is it one that pins to the upper?

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just ordered an upper and lower block set. They should be here Wednesday, as well as the other parts. Thanks for your generous offer to let me use yours, but I figured I just get a set and hold onto them to help others. Thanks sir

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well dang if the receiver blocks didnt show up today! So I got to play in the garage tonight, and there couldnt be better weather for hanging out in the garage. I got the barrel out of the receiver with very little effort, removed the delta ring assembly, and SUPER cleaned everything. It was great being able to get into the barrel extension to clean all parts and make it look new again. Cleaned all the gun powder and residue out of all the crevices and really just got it as clean as I could.

The new parts should arrive Wednesday. Knowing me and my lack of patience, I'll probably have it together Wednesday night. Thursday morning at the latest, haha.

I really enjoy this part of the hobby

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How hard is it to build an upper? I figure it cant be to hard if you have the right tools..

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How hard is it to build an upper? I figure it cant be to hard if you have the right tools..

Not bad at all, from what I can tell. I'm in the process of building my first complete upper.

It's easy to install the forward assist and ejection port cover. To complete the upper, you need some sort of a vise block for the upper receiver (my Squirrel Daddy should be here today), a barrel wrench or AR armorer's wrench and a torque wrench. On my last two AR's, I've found complete uppers for less than I could build one. My latest build is a 6.8 and it is WAY cheaper to build one than buy a complete upper. All of my parts are ordered and everything but the barrel should be here by tomorrow.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got an 76 hour check coming on Friday so Im buying an upper on Friday.. That's all Im missing to complete my AR for under $500. then Ill get some sights, already got ammo and 10 PMags. Already thinking about building a second one.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its not to hard to build an upper. I continue to say the AR is an adults Lego set. Parts typically only go together one way. I like building my own as I can configure it to my liking and/or change things as time goes on....as I am now.

My receiver blocks showed up yesterday and I got everything stripped down, detail cleaned, and ready for modifications to rebuild.

If anyone needs help, i'm more than willing to help

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I got an 76 hour check coming on Friday so Im buying an upper on Friday.. That's all Im missing to complete my AR for under $500. then Ill get some sights, already got ammo and 10 PMags. Already thinking about building a second one.

What kind of upper are you getting? I'm building 2 budget rifles. I've got everything on order but the upper, and I'm 242.50 into each one. Ideally, around $300 for each upper would be ideal. Apparently they're out there, but you've gotta hunt a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    check out Aero Precision for stripped/assembled uppers including Blemish uppers at an awesome price.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom