• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slapdick

Shooter
    Centerfiresystems has SKS rifles for $300~ some cost more, some cost less.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    The gas button/lever was used on Yugo SKS to close off the gas piston when using the rifle mounted grenade launcher.

If it's frozen closed instead of open, it would indeed make the gun only "bolt action"
    I'd also bet the piston is cut off. Commieforna guns?

slapdick

Shooter
    I'd also bet the piston is cut off. Commieforna guns?

I don't think the gas buttons were intentionally frozen, if the rifles weren't properly cleaned after using surplus ammo and stored in a warehouse for awhile, not uncommon for them to get stuck. Not hard to get em unstuck either:

I doubt the piston is cutoff, most of the listings state the rifles are only modified forward of the gas block.

Obviously wouldn't buy one of these if you don't plan on doing some work to em but in 2024 the average price of an SKS is $500-$600 everywhere I've seen so it might be worth it to some.

I'm considering getting one to put in a bullpup chassis and add a drum to it just for funsies. They're already sporterized so no reason to feel bad.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I don't think the gas buttons were intentionally frozen, if the rifles weren't properly cleaned after using surplus ammo and stored in a warehouse for awhile, not uncommon for them to get stuck. Not hard to get em unstuck either:

I doubt the piston is cutoff, most of the listings state the rifles are only modified forward of the gas block.

Obviously wouldn't buy one of these if you don't plan on doing some work to em but in 2024 the average price of an SKS is $500-$600 everywhere I've seen so it might be worth it to some.

I'm considering getting one to put in a bullpup chassis and add a drum to it just for funsies. They're already sporterized so no reason to feel bad.

Truck gun!

Top Bottom