• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    http://www.mechtechsys.com/what_is.php

What exactly is the CCU system? It is an 'upper' for an autoloading pistol. Shown below is a photo of what we call the "BASIC UNIT'. This represents the least you can purchase and have a system which will fire when combined with your pistol 'lower'. At this time we offer BASIC UNITS for the Glock and 1911 pistols - more on the way. You can add any number of accessory items to the BASIC UNIT such as shoulder stocks, sights and rail systems. The BASIC UNIT is not a firearm and requires no special licensing to purchase. Under federal law (BATFE) it is perfecty legal to instal a pistol lower and then remove the lower and reassemble the pistol. (see forum and FAQ pages for details) The unit comes completely assembled and test fired. Installation of accessories ordered with the BASIC UNIT order is free.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've wondered about these for awhile..does any member here use one??..I'm a lil surprised how expensive they r tho ( I kno I shouldn't be..everything's goin up but my income..lol) but the BASIC for a glock is $360..and adding just the stock and rail brings it up to $565..I'd still like to play around w one tho

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    An AR is cheaper, but thought I would throw it out there...If you already have the Glock, none of this kit requires a FFL to purchase and install and if you already have the Glock this would be cheaper to have an AR style carbine. Also if you want a 10mm, 45 or 9mm carbine, it might be fun.

You can buy just a Glock full size frame for $250 and under for the conversion and have a dedicated lower for the carbine.

Last edited:

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    That's pretty cool fly how you like the 21 done that way and I take its as easy to swap back as it is to convert

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, it can be removed or installed into the KPOS unit in about 15 seconds with no tools. No tax stamp is required as long as your Glock pistol has at least a 16" barrel installed while in the unit.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The KPOS unit runs about $500 on gunbroker. I think the IGB barrel was about $200. So, for the price of the barrel -- you could just pay the tax stamp and use the stock Glock in it -- however, I wanted more velocity and didn't want to wait 6+ months for another tax stamp...

Top Bottom