• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So yesterday I stop by Walmart in Navarre to get diner and while the wife got food I went to check on the ammo as usual. I get there and there is a guy looking at knives calling out the item numbers for the clerk to check if they were in stock just to here " No we are out of that one" one after the other. So after eyeballing the shelves and seeing no ammo, I also look at the knives. Inbetween the guy calling out numbers of out of stack knives I ask " Is this Gerber Machete in stock number 161?" The clerk says " No that ones sold out" Then the guy asks about one that requires the clerk to go that extra mile and open the other side of the cabinet under the knives. And low and behold, what falls out of the cabinet? Yep, the gerber I was just told was sold out without even a simple look. So I ask the clerk " So how many boxes of .22 are " Out of stock but really in stock?" " Oh sir this is all we got" I proceed to show my wife on the way out how the store shows about 20 thousand rounds in stock that I guess were in one of those real hard to open cabinets, lol. What a croc of shit. I wish they would catch up on the ammo production so we can get back to living our lives , being able to practice without feear we can't replace our ammo.:target:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May not be the place for this but was at the closest wallmart to me yesterday and about fell over at the ammo case. 22shorts probally 20 bricks at 3.47 a box No prices on the brick. 22mag and I couldn't even count how much they had. 380 cal 250 of pmc. 15 maybe. I am old and didn't have a pin to write down prices down. All I was thinking was gouge gouge gouge. Haden't seen that much ammo in a LONG time at wallmart. Asked the guy behind the counter about 223. Was told he didn't know if they had any on order RIGHT And we don't get much 22 in. Really I wish I were closer to you guys. The gouge is just a joke . I don't shoot any of those cal so I didn't buy any but I sure was thinking about you guys. So maybe it is starting again.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May not be the place for this but was at the closest wallmart to me yesterday and about fell over at the ammo case. 22shorts probally 20 bricks at 3.47 a box No prices on the brick. 22mag and I couldn't even count how much they had. 380 cal 250 of pmc. 15 maybe. I am old and didn't have a pin to write down prices down. All I was thinking was gouge gouge gouge. Haden't seen that much ammo in a LONG time at wallmart. Asked the guy behind the counter about 223. Was told he didn't know if they had any on order RIGHT And we don't get much 22 in. Really I wish I were closer to you guys. The gouge is just a joke . I don't shoot any of those cal so I didn't buy any but I sure was thinking about you guys. So maybe it is starting again.

yep, I seen the same thing in foley... they have more than any wally in BC that I've seen. I have heard that bay minette wally is slowly getting some ammo.
    a trend maybe...................:eyebrows:

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Turtle I live by that Walmart and the old gray hair guy and I have had words many times the funny thing about him he use to be a greeter baaaahahaaaa I have done told him he is a waste of space in this store and maybe should be in the back unloading trucks or maybe you did and sucked at that to I went there one night and seen 410 shells when I asked him he said nope while looking over his shoulder so I stopped him in his tracks and pointed out the boxes that's when we got in to it

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think the old guy's name is David...was there today and did a drive by of the ammo area and didnt see squat...

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Turtle I live by that Walmart and the old gray hair guy and I have had words many times the funny thing about him he use to be a greeter baaaahahaaaa I have done told him he is a waste of space in this store and maybe should be in the back unloading trucks or maybe you did and sucked at that to I went there one night and seen 410 shells when I asked him he said nope while looking over his shoulder so I stopped him in his tracks and pointed out the boxes that's when we got in to it

Yep , that was him. It reminded me of an episode of the Squidbillies. The one called " Ballmart" Granny, Early and Rusty were opening cheezy poofs and eat'n em when the sheriff comes by and says " You got to pay for those before you start eat'n em now" The response was " We ain't got no money sheriff, besides these here were already opened when we opened em" The sheriff replies " You can get a job here" Granny says " I'm to stupid to have a job", Sheriff, " Not here, they'll hire anybody" Later as Granny is Early's boss cause she was hired 10 minutes before him, he's greeting at the front and granny tells him " If you don't shape up I'll put you in the back on mid shift where the only thing you'll be greet'n is your own insanity" Shit is funny as hell and similar to our walmart staff.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Why was the guy wanting to buy all those knives in the first place? Is there a knife shortage too ? Are people going to start standing in line for knives now ?

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why was the guy wanting to buy all those knives in the first place? Is there a knife shortage too ? Are people going to start standing in line for knives now ?

He only wanted one but every number he asked for the guy said was out of stock so he just kept calling out the numbers of knives he would buy till he found one in stock. I don't know if that ever happened cause I got my Machete and left and he was still calling out numbers of knives that were probably in the cabinet right next to the one he was looking in. And remember, the empty spots where they knives were not discontinued, but the clerk says, " We can't sell the display knives" But had no explanation as to why those were missing. Right!!!!

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heard you will have to fill out a 4470 KNIVE form and get a back ground check for any knive over 2 inches, part of Chuck S. from NYNY bill:help: KNIVE.jpg

Attachments

• KNIVE.jpg
      KNIVE.jpg
      7.6 KB · Views: 91

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep , that was him. It reminded me of an episode of the Squidbillies. The one called " Ballmart" Granny, Early and Rusty were opening cheezy poofs and eat'n em when the sheriff comes by and says " You got to pay for those before you start eat'n em now" The response was " We ain't got no money sheriff, besides these here were already opened when we opened em" The sheriff replies " You can get a job here" Granny says " I'm to stupid to have a job", Sheriff, " Not here, they'll hire anybody" Later as Granny is Early's boss cause she was hired 10 minutes before him, he's greeting at the front and granny tells him " If you don't shape up I'll put you in the back on mid shift where the only thing you'll be greet'n is your own insanity" Shit is funny as hell and similar to our walmart staff.

Haha I saw that episode! Perfect example

Latest posts

Top Bottom