• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Anyone have any experience with TriStar Shotguns? I saw a good review on gunblast.com for them and stumbled upon a nice looking home defense autoloader at Academy. The price was right, and it included both an improved cylinder choke tube as well as a cylinder bore muzzle brake choke tube. The things feels great, points naturally -- and I like the fiber optic ghost ring sights. I'm looking forward to mapping out the pattern up at oneshot's place -- and seeing if it runs reliably. They are made in Turkey and imported through N. Kansas City , MO

The one that I got was the A-TAC Raptor

A20Tac.jpg

http://www.tristararms.com/raptor-atac-home-defense.php

According to the website, retail is $499.95 -- but Academy is selling them for $329

flyandscuba

Master
    Last edited:

b747fp

Master
    After you shoot it, write us up a review Scuba. And you can never have too many shotguns.

flyandscuba

Master
    Academy actually has several tactical-type TriStar shotguns in stock. One can be used as both an auto or a pump.

You might want to check them out before you buy.

flyandscuba

Master
    I finally took the TriStar Raptor up to oneshot's this afternoon for a little break-in. It ran like a champ, right out of the box. 00 Buck, rifled slugs -- both hunting and tactical -- functioned flawlessly. I did remove the "tactical choke" and installed the improved cylinder choke when I returned home. No sense in directing muzzle blast anywhere but towards the bad guys. Recoil was very manageable and the length of reach was comfortable for me.

Overall, I'd say this home defense autoloading shotty is just as good for the purpose as other much higher priced firearms.

bobinbusan

Master
    Weatherby has the same one's listed also made in Turkey, probably made in the smae place??

Weatherby.jpg

Attachments

• Weatherby.jpg
      Weatherby.jpg
      21 KB · Views: 479
    Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Great info provided bty all...The Akkar and possibly the Tristar look to be a dead on clone...which means savings for everyone who buys one...and no BF lines to stand in...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Very nice alternative to more expensive shotty's, thanks!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Sure wish we had one over here, damn it! Costs me $50 more just to go to pensacola!

bobinbusan

Master
    Would be nice if they had a good stock of them for us, but as usual they will only have one at that price and it will be gone by the time you get to the area they had them in, they use this add as a CALLING/COME ON card to get you in the story and so while your there and didn't get this shotgun, you buy other stuff and THAT MY STORY AND I'AM STICKING TO IT.

SEEN THIS HAPPEN WITH GAME CAMERALS, CLREK SAID THEY ONLY HAD ONE, BUT SOLD ALL THE OTHER THAT WASN'T MARKED DOWN, GOOD WAY TO MOVE INVENTORY??:bump::spy::madgrin::argue::argue::tsk::frusty::lalala::blabla:
    Academy will be selling these same shotguns for $259 on black Friday - beginning at 5am.

coralcop

Shooter
    Would be nice if they had a good stock of them for us, but as usual they will only have one at that price and it will be gone by the time you get to the area they had them in, they use this add as a CALLING/COME ON card to get you in the story and so while your there and didn't get this shotgun, you buy other stuff and THAT MY STORY AND I'AM STICKING TO IT.

SEEN THIS HAPPEN WITH GAME CAMERALS, CLREK SAID THEY ONLY HAD ONE, BUT SOLD ALL THE OTHER THAT WASN'T MARKED DOWN, GOOD WAY TO MOVE INVENTORY??:bump::spy::madgrin::argue::argue::tsk::frusty::lalala::blabla:

I went to Academy this morning, and the line was huge. They had employees outside, coming down the line asking if anyone was buying firearms. If you said yes, they asked you what make and model, and gave you a voucher for one. There must have been at least 10 sales of the Tristar ATAC auto while I was there. They seemed to have plenty to go around, and I was in and out in 30 minutes. This is the second Tristar I own, the other being the Cobra pump. No problems so far. Good value for the money

Top Bottom