• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I got some hog sign after only 4 days of having food out. Well one anyway haha. Seems to like the sour corn and pineapple juice mix. Forgot to set my timer right but I fixed it now. Yeah I know my camera sucks but it serves the purpose :second:
    HUNT0319.jpg

Attachments

• HUNT0319.jpg
      HUNT0319.jpg
      131.3 KB · Views: 197

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good for you, that is a nice size boar...seeing deer? Did you get out for bow? Keep a couple lb bx of kosher salt, sea salt if you prefer for brineing your meat after cleaning. 1/2 cup to a gallon of water kept iced in your cooler for 3-4 days.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good for you, that is a nice size boar...seeing deer? Did you get out for bow? Keep a couple lb bx of kosher salt, sea salt if you prefer for brineing your meat after cleaning. 1/2 cup to a gallon of water kept iced in your cooler for 3-4 days.
    No pics of deer but the guy I share the property with has 2 feeders on the other end of the woods and there is deer tracks all over the place. He doesnt have any cams set up but has been feeding them since last March and has only hunted it once since then. He is a member of 2 more leases up in Georgia and hunts up there. General gun season opens for deer on Nov. 1st and he said I can feel free to use his other stands he has set up for the deer. I was thinking about throwing a couple more cheapo cams up around those feeders to see if I can get their pattern.

Good call about the ice Frank, I have read about that. The ice will really stay that long??

On a side note, I have a feeling I am going to have to hunt these hogs at night. What do you recommend to someone that doesnt have NV/Thermal?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well I have some 50 t0 150 quart ice chests, and put the hog in the one that fits the best. I add say a bag of Ice a day, depends on your cooler. I make and keep block ice and frozen bottles of ice in my freezers.

I hunt w an AR so it has rails for kill lights, I prefer the green but the red work too. You can use a scope or barrel mount too depending on your weapon.

Amazon has a few

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6xit656ah3_b

But the best comes from china, 3 weeks to a month, look at the bottom for the different colors or as cheap as they are get 2-3 works great for a flashlight too

http://www.lightmalls.com/uniquefire-hs-802-cree-green-light-long-range-led-flashlight-1-18650

This is a headlamp I use also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Lumen-...59185263&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal

Batteries

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-Deep-...US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item233d3faaa9

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The lights dont scare them off? I am going to hunt with an AR for now as well so I can mount one too. Will you be able to see them through a scope while using the light at night??

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    you have to bring it down slow onto them, most of the time you can get a shot off. Your only alternative w/o night vision. It lights them up through the scope like a night vision unit. I put a QD ring mount on my lights so I can easily take them off and on the weapon.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FUPA... Get one of these in green or red and a 12v feeder battery at Walmart. Put it 25yds away from feeder and you will be able to see your crosshairs easy and hogs will get acclimated in no time. I just gave HunkyFish 3 of my rigs BC I have NV now. I have more, Email or Pm me if you lost it and I'll give you one if you cover shipping.(Paypal $14) and I'll priority flat it to ya. Get a roll of cheap wire and you're set. Hunky ran the battery for more than 24 hours, they last forever. A charger is $10 at Walmart.
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221425271961

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Clay I am confused. Is that the rig on ebay that you recommend me buying or is it what you will sell me?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This bad boy keeps coming around every night. Last night he stuck around and ate for about 2.5 hours. Came out around 19:00 and grazed til about 21:45. Then came back at 02:00 for about an hour. Do they usually hang around this long? Im seeing just him every night. Will others start to follow? Ive read that they either travel in bunches and the big boars travel alone. Is this true from your guys experiences?

HUNT0046.jpg

Attachments

• HUNT0048.jpg
      HUNT0048.jpg
      224.8 KB · Views: 148
    • HUNT0046.jpg
      HUNT0046.jpg
      224.9 KB · Views: 144

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Looks like a lone boar, they like it that way and yes I have them spending the whole night and napping inbetween under the feeder. That is the point of the roll barrel, he knows where the feed is and likes it.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Will he scare the rest off? There are tracks and wallows all over the property so I know hes not the only one out there.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You guys got any tricks to keep coons away from your feed??! These little bastards are bleeding me dry!!
    STC_0313.jpg

Attachments

• STC_0313.jpg
      STC_0313.jpg
      186.3 KB · Views: 160
    Top Bottom