Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Toyota Tacoma 05-15 or 16 up, Pros/Cons

Marksman
Reaction score
Don’t really need the double cab but it’s nice for the extra room for potential passengers and luggage etc...Don’t think I’ll ever get another truck unless it’s a crew/double.
Have had multiple straight axle Toyota pickups and 4runners and 87 & 90 4runner and all well built but the 3.0 v6 of course had head gasket problems. Just never had a 3.4 or 4L. Always looking for early (84-88)ext cab and 4runners if anyone knows where any are. Axles also esp 80-85 fronts that aren’t silver plated.

Leaning towards 05-10 to get it paid off Asap because I despise car payments. Found a few but in AR ,TX ,VA. Lot in AR buys ins auction vehicles and rebuilds them. Has around 10 4wd DC Tacoma’s but prices are too close to clean title trucks to me.
Have a 94 dodge Cummins and 99 f350 powersmoke that I’d like to swap Cummins into but don’t have the facilities(all of them) to pull that off.

kendive

Master
Reaction score
Good trucks with strong resell value

The 2 bad things are how you sit in them (like a car with feet under dash) and the gas mileage is not good (lucky to get 16mpg out of the 6 cylinder)

I looked at them and went with an F150
Yea I would rather have an F-150 over a Toyota Truck they make nowadays. I have an 2015 Ecoboost Lariat and that engine is a Beast it has never let me down towing heavy trailers.

Back in the day I had a 1995 Toyota Truck the last year they put the straight axel in the front it was a tank and drove like a tank but I loved it. Then I had a 1999 Toyota 4-Runner.

dogamus rex

Master
Reaction score
just bought a '17 last week, there are a ton of them on the road so don;t just buy the first one you like . I looked at about 10 before I got exactly what I wanted for the price I needed. your gonna pay at least 25K for a nice one with low miles...I got mine for 32K with 38K miles.

Marksman
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, I’m still looking.
Yeah worried about gas prices also, that’s all part of the plan, to destabilize everything so you never get ahead.
Was looking at this truck but don’t really care for some of the add ons.

And lot in AR

G-rat

Marksman
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Be aware that many tacos out there are under a recall for bad low pressure fuel pumps mounted in the fuel tank. I believe 2012 and newer. Check ANY prospective VIN on Toyotas website.

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom