• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Being tempted, and would like to hear from anyone who has experience with the Raging Bull in 454. Anyone own one or shoot one quite a bit please chime in on what you think about the gun and the caliber.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I haven't shot one, so please feel free to ignore me.
    However, the 454 was my dream gun when I was a kid. I do know that they made a 500 version for a bit, until it started blowing up. Search YouTube.
    While the 454 isn't as potent, it's still up there, and I wouldn't trust it. Tells me that they may or may not always do their homework. Get the 460 XVR and have peace of mind.
    Just my personal and biased opinion. Worth exactly what it cost.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    A S&W not an option for me, but thanks for the input. I have been reading quite a bit on it and as usual with Taurus opinions are all over the place.

If I got it, I likely would be using it for developing stronger 45LC loads since I shoot that caliber already.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have shot the 454 RB and it seemed to be a solid gun to me. However I only shot about 20 rounds through it. And while my buddy went for the 454, I went with the 44 mag RB and I love that gun. I'm a 44 mag junky and I own several different guns from different mfgs. The Taurus is the most accurate out of the bunch and I haven't had any issues with it at all. Just my .02.

Last edited:

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a 6" raging bull. That thing was a blast to shoot with factory ammo. It was a pain to get to reload. I had issues with a few powders that did not want to shoot right. It would throw a lot of unburnt powder. That was the only issue I had with it. I am looking at getting another one soon

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Appreciate the inputs guys. Seller is out of town so I have a few more days to research and think about it. Thinking it would be fun to be able to shoot hot .45LC and 454 Casull in the event it is needed or just for kicks! LOL

BruceWayne

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't shoot it but a friend had one out one day. Everybody was taking turns shooting it with 45LC. About 40 rounds fired through it that day and somehow I ended up with the brass from it. I didn't see any problems with it, and it sure looked cool! It was an 8'' barreled version with a scope.

Az-Vic

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    native Arizonan, moved ot panhandle 2 years ago, l
    The only .454 Im familiar with is the Casull. Had one of the short barreled premier field grade revolvers...simply an amazing firearm. As stout as that round is, when loaded to what it is capable of, I just don't know if I'd hang my hat on the Taurus platform. It's a lot of cartridge, and needs a lot of gun to handle it.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Thanks to all for the inputs. I missed the Casull, but found a good deal on a stainless Ruger Old Army with adjustable sights! May have to reconsider a 454 in the future.

Top Bottom