• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Looking to buy a range finder. Never owned one, but thinking about it now.
    What do you have and how do you like it?

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You Sir are the best!

Its exactly what I was looking for! When i get lost in the woods I can use it as a "gong" to let people know where I am.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've got a vortex ranger that works great. It's insanely accurate and to some serious distances as well. I've used it for bow hunting as well as sighting in rifles. It's kinda overkill for what I use it for, but I've gotten a ton of good use out of it. You can't go wrong with the vortex warranty either. Lifetime no questions asked warranty on it.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've got a vortex ranger that works great. It's insanely accurate and to some serious distances as well. I've used it for bow hunting as well as sighting in rifles. It's kinda overkill for what I use it for, but I've gotten a ton of good use out of it. You can't go wrong with the vortex warranty either. Lifetime no questions asked warranty on it.
    I'll be looking at the Ranger. Appreciate the input. There are so many, Im just wondering which ones don't work or fall apart, or just wrong. That was helpful, thanks.

wvfatboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I have a 15 year old Simmons that cost 49 bucks. I wouldn't
    hunt without it. ACCURATE TO 400 YARDS. All I will ever need. My buddy has a HALO. It too is accurate. 79 BUCKS !

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'll be looking at the Ranger. Appreciate the input. There are so many, Im just wondering which ones don't work or fall apart, or just wrong. That was helpful, thanks.
    Mine came with a pouch you can mount, a belt clip, as well as a lanyard. I mainly used the lanyard while hunting and haven't had an issue. I've had it over 2 years now and it's still on the same battery I got when new. The wife got it for me for Christmas a few years back. Again though, for around here and the distances we shoot, it's kinda overkill, but super good quality.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Sig Sauer is making everything these days clothing, ammo, optics yada, yada, yada. They don't make all the stuff they put their name on but contract it out to their specifications which are usually pretty high. The great thing about Sig is no matter who makes it if the Sig name is on it Sig will stand behind it forever. I wouldn't hesitate buying a Sig product. Like their scopes and other optics they're reasonably priced for what you get. This is the one I was looking into the Sig Optics Laser Rangefinder Kilo 1000 5X20.

Last edited:

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sig Sauer is making everything these days clothing, ammo, optics yada, yada, yada. They don't make all the stuff they put their name on but contract it out to their specifications which are usually pretty high. The great thing about Sig is no matter who makes it if the Sig name is on it Sig will stand behind it forever. I wouldn't hesitate buying a Sig product. Like their scopes and other optics they're reasonably priced for what you get. This is the one I was looking into the Sig Optics Laser Rangefinder Kilo 1000 5X20.
    I'm a huge fan of the sig optics. I've got 5 romeo 5s and a few other magnified scopes from them. Great quality and you're correct on them standing behind their products. One of my romeos had a battery connection that had come a bit loose, and they sent me a whole new one no questions asked. It still worked, but I didn't like the fact it was loose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom