Thompson Center Pro Hunter accuracy problem.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fisheadgib

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone have any experience with these things? A friend has one that we've been trying to dial in but 3-4 inches at 100yds is the best that we've gotten with the 30-06 barrel and the .338win mag is much worse. I've read all kinds of mixed reviews ranging from tack driver to turd. My friend doesn't reload and has a small supply of coreloks and win super X's. We're gonna retorque everything and lap the barrel but I'm not sure that will get him anywhere close to 1moa. Any ideas?

billrv

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Replace the hinge pin, mine was real picky on ammo had to work to find the right load when I did it became a tack driver

fisheadgib

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Replace the hinge pin, mine was real picky on ammo had to work to find the right load when I did it became a tack driver
    The gun probably doesn't have 60 rounds through it and the hinge pin is so tight that I have to drive it out with a brass punch.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what is the twist rate of the barrel on each? Then what it the weight in grains of the bullets that you are shooting? Reason being I have a steyr scout that when I bought it I also bought ammo, the bullets were 150 grains , half inch group at 100 yds. I bought some 168 grain expensive ammo a few years later thinking this was the way to go. Me and my son shot about 10 rds gun would not group better than 6 inches at 100 yds. I almost panicked, decided to try my original 150 grain ammo and jackpot back to touching holes at 100.

DONE DEAL!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone have any experience with these things? A friend has one that we've been trying to dial in but 3-4 inches at 100yds is the best that we've gotten with the 30-06 barrel and the .338win mag is much worse. I've read all kinds of mixed reviews ranging from tack driver to turd. My friend doesn't reload and has a small supply of coreloks and win super X's. We're gonna retorque everything and lap the barrel but I'm not sure that will get him anywhere close to 1moa. Any ideas?
    I've had issue with a G2 22" barrel in 25-06 even after seasoning the barrel.
    I've also owned a Contender with a 10" 357 barrel that was a tac driver even with factory loads.
    It seems quality is either there or it's not.
    I hope you're able to work up a load that works for you.

Top Bottom