This is why the taliban will be around once we leave Afghanistan...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings -- if the place got turned into a glass parking lot...

I hope you are sitting down when you read this flyandscuba, but I agree with you. After 911 and we should have never put a boot on the ground there, we should have destroyed the place from a safe distance.

Then said to all the other radical countries protecting these crazy’s, “WHO THE “F” IS NEXT”?

Last edited:

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope you are sitting down when you read this flyandscuba, but I agree with you. After 911 and we should have never put a boot on the ground there, we should have destroyed the place from a safe distance.

Then said to all the other radical countries protecting these crazy’s, “WHO THE “F” IS NEXT”?

With you 100%!

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, the problem with the "glass parking Lot" fantasy is that you'll end up making most of the world a "glass parking lot"( and then the world inhabitable).....so completely destroy everyone who disagrees with us? That solution comes from an extremely weak mind....and since when did it become ok to completely disregard civilians? That's not the America that I belong to.

NO, the reason there'll be folks who are against us is more complicated than that, but basically it's the deep Islamic roots and sheer numbers.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to respectably disagree the glass parking lot deal is pretty effective,ask Japan how it worked out for them. I can assure you they remember. As far as civilians go they unfortunately are always going to be deaths all I can say is its better theirs than ours and the only difference is the uniform, people dead are people dead bottom line. We pretty much let it be known well in advance if we are going to clean up a mess somewhere and if they stay for the show they might become part of it. Hell, it's globally known that Obama would pay their way with open arms is they moved here!

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, the main problem is that it won't solve the problem like it did in Japan( btw, there's still folks dying and being born with defects from that bomb- generations that had nothing to do with it, is that ok?), it will create the opposite effect- it will empower them and folks who were on the fence, will join them and be against us.

Nope, imo, still, the best way is surgical removal and public deplomacy. We have come a long way in that and btw, I saw on the news yesterday that there were no military fatalities in Afgan last month.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is why I made my comment.

I'm sure we all can look back on those days remember this. We tried to get the radical rulers to hand over osama bin laden (I refuse to use caps on his name). I think, had we nuked select parts of that country, other radical countries would think twice.

Disclaimer, I have not read this entire article, so I hope it does not have a liberal view hidden in it.

http://teacher.scholastic.com/scholasticnews/indepth/911/teachers/resources_terror.htm

Air Strikes in Afghanistan

"After the September 11 attacks, the U.S. identified terrorist Osama bin Laden (oh-SAH-mah bin LAH-den) and his organization, Al Qaeda (al-KYE-duh) as prime suspects. Bin Laden has been living in Afghanistan, where he runs the Al Qaeda network. The country's radical Muslim rulers, the Taliban, have refused to hand him over".

Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The problem we face as Americans when dealing with war is that we have too many touchy feelie tree huggers who cry we are killing innocents. The bottom line if you want to win a war effectively, you have to break the spirit of the enemy, period. Japan got their ass handed to them and they still claim to be "victim's" after we dropped the bomb...l remember what happened to the 50th anniversary Enola Gay celebration at the Smithsonian in 1995...??? The Japanese Government complained and it was a joke of a celebration there, I remember that like yesterday. Last I checked we didnt bomb ourselves at Pearl Harbor. Unless we are willing to go into a country and break their spirit and teach them to 'play well with others', we will continue to get the same f'in results we have had since Korea which was a draw. Lets see some more examples of this.... Vietnam, Gulf War I, Gulf War II, Afghanistan; see a trend here folks? We won in each example but we didnt defeat the enemy and look at the world today...(all IMHO)

Last edited:

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yepper....I'd like to take 1K over there just to see what I could get!!!!Ohhhh wait, that would be supporting terrorists!!! Then again, our own terrorists in our government is buying up and wasting OUR money and we see nothing but an economy in the dump!!!!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A nuke would not have been the answer.We use one on them. That pisses someone off and they have to help the afg and shoot one at us some place in the world. That pisses us off and we shoot back. That pisses someone else and they shoot. Before you know it half the world is a glass parking lot and that is known as when The Shit Really Hits The Fan. Then everyone can gather up there hoarded ammo and start to protect them from the real zombies that will be walking around. Yes I am a vet but nukes are the last resort and only the last resort for self protection. I helped keep them in the air and am glad those alerts were never for real. Thanks for listening

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    CCHGN, you said it best with the statement that the problem is islamic ideaology - they want a shariah compliant world period. The rest of us are infidels and they want us dead. Send them to allah; we will be fighting these fanatics from now on - there, here and everywhere in between.
    Outstanding that no US troops were killed last month in Afghanistan last month. Far better than can be said for civilians in Chicago...

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A nuke would not have been the answer.We use one on them. That pisses someone off and they have to help the afg and shoot one at us some place in the world. That pisses us off and we shoot back. That pisses someone else and they shoot. Before you know it half the world is a glass parking lot and that is known as when The Shit Really Hits The Fan. Then everyone can gather up there hoarded ammo and start to protect them from the real zombies that will be walking around. Yes I am a vet but nukes are the last resort and only the last resort for self protection. I helped keep them in the air and am glad those alerts were never for real. Thanks for listening

Well said. It's a very real and frightening possibility... no shortage of dedicated terrorists out there.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The problem we face as Americans when dealing with war is that we have too many touchy feelie tree huggers who cry we are killing innocents. The bottom line if you want to win a war effectively, you have to break the spirit of the enemy, period. Japan got this ass handed to them and they still claim to be "victim's" after we dropped the bomb...l What happened to the 50th anniversary Enola Gay celebration at the Smithsonian in 1995...??? The Japanese Government complained and it was a joke of a celebration there, I remember that like yesterday. Last I checked we didnt bomb ourselves at Pearl Harbor. Unless we are willing to go into a country and break their spirit and teach them to 'play well with others', we will continue to get the same f'in results we have had since Korea which was a draw. Lets see some more examples of this.... Vietnam, Gulf War I, Gulf War II, Afghanistan; see a trend here folks? We won in each example but we didnt defeat the enemy and look at the world today...(all IMHO)

The ROE imposed on our troops is a huge problem. If we fight a war, we have to destroy or degrade the enemy to point that they no longer wish to fight. Don't see this happening with islamic jihadists.... imho

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom