• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Was laughing about this at work. Reminds me of those dorks that fired 17 or so rounds at the guy looking for a cig lighter in his car in his own driveway when the cops snuck up on him and opened fire after yelling freeze.

God help us from all this protection. Im to the point where I cant imagine a single scenario where I would want to get a police involved these days, I have lost all confidence in them.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Utterly embarrassing. When training new shooters in self-defense, I often share the (probably apocryphal) story of a police training class where the instructor reinforces the combat mindset and absolute necessity to "stay in the fight" until neutralizing the threat. The course then proceeds to the range, where one newly minted "expert" shoots at a steel target frame and a small fragment ricochets back and hits him, causing a minor wound. Presumptive "expert" then drops his weapon, collapses, and screams "officer down" repeatedly until the instructor arrives to apply a small band-aid. Now, I'm not so certain that tale is hypothetical.

Last edited:

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Utterly embarrassing. When training new shooters in self-defense, I often share the (probably apocryphal) story of a police training class where the instructor reinforces the combat mindset and absolute necessity to "stay in the fight" until neutralizing the threat. The course then proceeds to the range, where one newly minted "expert" shoots at a steel target frame and a small fragment ricochets back and hits him, causing a minor wound. Presumptive "expert" then drops his weapon, collapses, and screams "officer down" repeatedly until the instructor arrives to apply a small band-aid. Now, I'm not so certain that tale is hypothetical.
    It does happen. Had a newbie get hit with a simulation round in the arm, he rolled up into the fetal position and it took 5 minutes to uncurl him and get him back on his feet. We were hurting for recruits so they put him on a desk. It took 6 months and several other similar incidents during attempts at retraining before they finally let him go back into the flock of civilian sheeples.

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Try putting yourself in their position the last couple years the very people they are sworn to protect have been attacking them. A great many have been ambushed no way to protect yourself from that. Many are being fired and jailed for doing their job imagine life without them. They do a thankless very dangerous job for short money. I say god help them.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Try putting yourself in their position the last couple years the very people they are sworn to protect have been attacking them. A great many have been ambushed no way to protect yourself from that. Many are being fired and jailed for doing their job imagine life without them. They do a thankless very dangerous job for short money. I say god help them.
    Reading the article about it, the 911 caller told the officers the suspect had a suppressor and multiple firearms. Knowing that, and the fact that he was aledeglely going back to re-search the guy... His stress level was probably off the charts. Sounded like he just snapped and made a really, really bad decision. Luckily, the guy in the cruiser wasn't hit (thank God).

Hopefully the former officer finds a very low stress job and takes some time to recover.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They have brought on their own trouble from their own actions. Nothing you stated justifies over reacting. You can't keep pissing on people's liberty and expect respect. Everybody knows of at least one person who has been framed, beat, mistreated by law enforcement. My personal dealings put in about a 35% of them have been professional and the rest can go F themselves.

Top Bottom