Patriot Mobile

Thinking of selling my collection, need advice.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pop Warner

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    First off, new member here. Can’t believe I’ve never found this forum before this week. Anyway, as the title suggests, I’m thinking of selling my guns and buy something new...maybe. I have 2 full AR pistols and one almost complete minus the bcg and charging handle. 2 glocks and a sig with about 1k rounds of 9 mil, and an assortment of 223, 556, and 300 blk. Rough estimate is around 1k. of the latter for about 2k rounds total. My question is should I sell it as a whole or break it up? I feel like selling it whole would benefit the buyer but parting out would benefit me, but would take forever. Sorry if this isn’t allowed and please delete if it doesn’t belong here. Thanks in advance.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    FIRST, where you located ?
    Don't know about the "zombie killers" but you need to list the "flavor" of the Glocks & Sigs, and 9 ammo

Pop Warner

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m out of Pensacola, I’m not listing them for sale yet, just wondering if I should sell as a whole. I have an extensive build list, but the Pistols are Glock 45 (9 mill) Glock 19 gen 4 (9 mill) and Sig p365 (9 mill).

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO - - - > You need to break it up into:
    * different weapon and accessories FOR THAT WEAPON. (mags,holsters,sights,etc.)
    * ammo . . . list the different chamberings seperately. State the exact number of rds. What brand and what weight bullet. Weather brass,steel,or lacquered cases. Also how it is packaged.
    You will never sell this as a lump sum. People do not want to have to pay for something that they do not want.
    Check some of the other adds. Admittedly some here are really shitty. Use common sense. Explain your items as if YOU were the potential buyer with questions. Ask questions. Read the forum rules. Follow them. --- SAWMAN

Pop Warner

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    IMO - - - > You need to break it up into:
    * different weapon and accessories FOR THAT WEAPON. (mags,holsters,sights,etc.)
    * ammo . . . list the different chamberings seperately. Stat the exact number of rds. What brandmand what weight bullet. Weather brass,steel,or lacquered cases. Also how it is packaged.
    You will never sell this as a lump sum. People do not want to have to pay for something that they do not want.
    Check some of the other adds. Admittedly some here are really shitty. Use common sense. Explain your items as if YOU were the potential buyer with questions. Ask questions. Read the forum rules. Follow them. --- SAWMAN
    Thanks.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Where are you located ??
    I'm out of Pensacola. Your off to a bad start already.
    How about this. Where are the potential for sale items located at ?? Don't be evasive. Turns people off !! ---- SAWMAN

Reactions: FLT

Pop Warner

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Where are you located ??
    I'm out of Pensacola. Your off to a bad start already.
    How about this. Where are the potential for sale items located at ?? Don't be evasive. Turns people off !! ---- SAWMAN
    Sorry I’m new here, but I’m not sure what you mean?

Bubba45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would wait til nov election and see what new gun laws could come from liberals if they some how get in power.
    This may a buying time but not a selling time.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would wait til nov election and see what new gun laws could come from liberals if they some how get in power.
    Possibly but compared to what I was paying 5 months ago for ammo. Buy low sell high

Pop Warner

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks, I’m not in a hurry to sell anything. Hell im not even sure I want too, just trying to get an idea if I should sell em all or individually. Thanks for the info, may just wait and see like you suggested.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No one will typically buy all that together. Everyone has different wants and needs and will not buy a package together like that. It's not hard to sell one firearm at a time.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only you can make the decision to sell or not. You may get a PM inquiry from this Thread but your really not testing the waters until you actually Post an Ad(s). There are more smaller Item buyers than big spenders for a mixed bag unless the total price is a real bargain and they still could be reluctant because they would have to sell what they don't want to keep. "Full AR pistols" and a partial sounds like they are homebuilds? IMHO Factory AR pistols can sell faster then Franken builds: all depends on the quality of the build, the parts used and then a buyer with the same taste in parts; that alone could hamstring a bulk sale.

A single ad can add lead to confusion when people are not specific. A person interested in one gun gets all the message traffic for everything listed. I recommend you group the AR pistols and separately the Glock/Sig pistols. You can list the Qty/type ammo:
    A. As part of the package gun/ammo deal.
    B. Under the firearms as available at an extra cost. Gun can sell seperatly.
    C. If your fully commited (you don't mind having the gun not sold yet), List and sell the ammo separately in the Ammo and Accessories Section.
    Your call but it may not be worth your time and gas to sell a small quantity of ammo, say such things up front.

Patience, pricing and your budget will control your sell/buy transition once you commit. Good luck.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I don't sell many guns but I do deal with car parts and tools via social media and various online forums.
    I like to sell as a whole myself. Take a small hit depending on what it is.
    We will use round numbers for argument sake.
    If selling all for 1000 to one person gets it gone, it's gone. I don't want to deal with 11 different people to get 12-1500 have to coordinate with, set times to meet. Usually have dead beats or no shows Too much logistically for me.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have time wait closer to the election for a better price. With all of the poles on the media saying Biden is winning, it should create sufficient hysteria to make it a sellers market. Any prudent person that does not have an AR pistol and a glock should be looking for one.

Pop Warner

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you have time wait closer to the election for a better price. With all of the poles on the media saying Biden is winning, it should create sufficient hysteria to make it a sellers market. Any prudent person that does not have an AR pistol and a glock should be looking for one.
    Very good point.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    When you list your for sale items,potential buyers want to know where these items are located at so they will know the commute involved to inspect an/or buy the item.
    You could basically use "Pensacola" but I like to see areas stated be more specific. I live in the Pensacola area but use "Cantonment" because that is my specific area in the greater Pensacola area.
    I say - - -> sell now. Your items are like the stock market,only harder to predict. There is a buyer for anything that you have. Some want to own the item . . . some want to resell the item. That alone will make a difference as to what they will offer you for it.
    How much is it worth to you to hold on to the items ?? Go ahead,turn the items into cash and use the money for items that you need/want today. If you wait for this or that,ESPECIALLY POLITICALLY,how long will you wait ?? Uncertain times,like the stock market. Personally . . . I don't have the time or patience for that shit. I want . . I buy . . I want to sell . . I sell . . who is president is the least of my worries unless someone can guarantee me that my for sale items will yield me 10-20% more if I wait. BUT wait how long and until when.
    Like the stock market,huh !! --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When you list your for sale items,potential buyers want to know where these items are located at so they will know the commute involved to inspect an/or buy the item.
    You could basically use "Pensacola" but I like to see areas stated be more specific. I live in the Pensacola area but use "Cantonment" because that is my specific area in the greater Pensacola area.
    I say - - -> sell now. Your items are like the stock market,only harder to predict. There is a buyer for anything that you have. Some want to own the item . . . some want to resell the item. That alone will make a difference as to what they will offer you for it.
    How much is it worth to you to hold on to the items ?? Go ahead,turn the items into cash and use the money for items that you need/want today. If you wait for this or that,ESPECIALLY POLITICALLY,how long will you wait ?? Uncertain times,like the stock market. Personally . . . I don't have the time or patience for that shit. I want . . I buy . . I want to sell . . I sell . . who is president is the least of my worries unless someone can guarantee me that my for sale items will yield me 10-20% more if I wait. BUT wait how long and until when.
    Like the stock market,huh !! --- SAWMAN
    Timing is important when dealing with markets and pricing if you are selling or buying. If one does not have patience then obviously timing is not a strategy for you. Same thing if you need money now. Personally, I am not wealthy, but if I really need something in the price range of a gun, I always have enough money on hand for the purchase.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True but then the now gunless Seller is in the same boat with all the other "election driven buyers" on top of the current and continuing demand and market pricing.

Top Bottom