• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have begged and harassed dealers of Thermal optics to send me some cost effective Thermal sights to look through, review and demo. I cannot afford the $8K or even the $5K units so specifically wanted units cheaper than that. I tried to limit him at $3K and below, The Torrey Pines are 700-1200 I believe. Will they be as good as $8K units, no, will they be adequate to hunt with, some may be, some will be, will some be good for locating downed animals instead of losing them, yes thermal will help that. All will or should be great additions to your arsenal at affordable prices in the thermal arena.

SO without further ado, Cliff the owner of http://www.thirdcoastthermal.com/ is sending me an Armasight Predator and a trio of Torrey Pines thermals to try out. Disclaimer: Frank makes not 1 penny from the sales of these sights! My goal is to use them to hunt and write a review of them for the privilege. As an added bonus, since they are here I will be glad for you to look through them, if you are close you can come to my house, maybe I can come to you or inbetween or my lease when I am going to be there.

There might be some use for these on boats, at night on the water?

This is a free offer should you have an interest in Thermal Optics...Frank

Feel free to PM me and I will send you my # so you can call when it is good for you

Attachments

• PICT0837.JPG
      PICT0837.JPG
      80.9 KB · Views: 275
    Last edited:

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Id want to check em out. I have a PVS-14 now that I like. Dont know if you have experience with that, but Ill bring it.
    You show me yours, Ill show you mine..........

Just keep me in mind for the when and where. I am in Pace, but can drive anywhere.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sounds good. A PVS 14 helmet mounted and a thermal on your shooting rifle is the cats meow. All my TX buddies walk and scan w the PVS14 helmet, and shoot thermal, some even have a thermal monocular to scan w but the PVS 14 is the workhorse for driving and walking scan. I have the helmet setup for a little digital scanner I have but would kill for a pvs14 to put on it. PM me and I will share my # so you can call sometime for us to talk.

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been thinking of getting into the game but haven't been able to pick a decent unit. I thought that last sight you had would work out but guess it needs more time to work the bugs out. I'd be interested in trying them out. I live in Niceville.

Thanks Frank.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think they are getting pretty good results w the X-sight now w the current firmware, but I am still waiting and that was digital. This is thermal, different animal. We can talk though PM me I can send you my #

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Will do man.
    Ive been in Houston a few times in the past couple of weeks, and I agree. Most guy I talked to walk in with NVGs, then switch to a gun mounted thermal for the shots. The problem with thermals and walking, IMHO, is depth perception. Even with the NVGs it takes some getting used to.
    With my AR I want to get a IR laser and just keep the 14 on my helmet.

Most I get to use it for now a days is walking around campsites, or stargazing. :-(

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang Frank thats awesome. You got any callus build up on your knees yet?

Top Bottom