• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know this may come off as a bit negative, but I really don’t mean it that way. Feeling introspective I suppose!

My wife is super into crafting, where she builds/makes/engraves a ton of great stuff. She commented to me the other day that there are two distinct and separate hobbies in her world: Crafting and Shopping for Crafting. I said that shooting was the same. There are a lot of shooters and lot of people that buy/sell/tweak gear much more than they actually take that gear to the range. Do you all see it that way as well? And if so, where do we think we fall?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This could be a lengthy thread haha...
    I know some who own more guns than I'll ever have and only shoot at a deer from time to time. I know others who own just a few and would handle themselves rather well in the "zombie apocalypses".

kylo1597

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    This could be a lengthy thread haha...
    I know some who own more guns than I'll ever have and only shoot at a deer from time to time. I know others who own just a few and would handle themselves rather well in the "zombie apocalypses".
    It’s like any other hobby. “Car people” for example, some guys will beautifully restore a muscle car and then actually drive it around and do some minor tweaks and modifications as needed. On the other side of the spectrum, you have Bob with 4 cars out in his barn he “plans” on restoring but the only thing he does is buy more parts and junk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup definitely with any hobby. I have my guns that I wanted for a collection because of what they are, and I have the ones I shoot with for practice and relaxation. The more you want of any hobby it gets expensive.

Just keep one woman tho, you get more than one and they become aware yeah that one gets more expensive than any hobby haha.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I enjoy using them for hunting, even the spacy ones. I'm not a collector. They get shot at game or targets. Drug around and get binged up. I also have way too many. I could use a different deer gun for 3 seasons ( 1 weapon per deer) and still have a few waiting.
    Really need to thin the herd. But some of them are grail guns (ruger 44 carbine, calico, etc. Shooters all though)
    I enjoy customizing them too it's fun to think something up, then build it.
    20230303_112636.jpg

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It’s like any other hobby. “Car people” for example, some guys will beautifully restore a muscle car and then actually drive it around and do some minor tweaks and modifications as needed. On the other side of the spectrum, you have Bob with 4 cars out in his barn he “plans” on restoring but the only thing he does is buy more parts and junk
    Owning an older Corvette I seem to have double dipped, and you're right, the idea transfers to most hobbies. I drive mine waaay more than other "Vette" guys! Lol

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    No negative vibe at all in the post. In fact I love all guns and just refuse to expand my storage capacity as it helps keep my hobby in check. Lol

I have more pistols than rifles because those have always appealed to me since an uncle got me into shooting. First shotgun and handgun I shot were his, a Savage 12 gauge single barrel and a Colt 1911.

I love to tinker/work on guns and once tore a BIL's Mossberg 12 gauge pump totally apart, taking three days with the parts diagram my only guide as assembly directions to put it back in working order. Learned a LOT from that experience, and found it highly satisfying.

I have bought guns on a good deal that needed diagnosing and tweaking, or fixing, to shoot well. Those usually get sold later.

I have a few shooters to hold onto and shoot, and a few guns I longed for and bought as "grail guns".

Top Bottom