• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Speaking of bugs, what is it with the goddamn roaches and palmetto bugs down here? I keep an immaculate home, and I still get random, short lived infestations of both on occasion. And the rare wolf spider. And whenever I come home from vacations my house has these super long, stringy webs and a bunch of small spiders. And i'll sometimes get these weird "mini-flies" for lack of a better word.

Lived all over the world, never had this issue until I moved to Pensacola. Advice?

sloporsche

Marksman
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Speaking of bugs, what is it with the goddamn roaches and palmetto bugs down here? I keep an immaculate home, and I still get random, short lived infestations of both on occasion. And the rare wolf spider. And whenever I come home from vacations my house has these super long, stringy webs and a bunch of small spiders. And i'll sometimes get these weird "mini-flies" for lack of a better word.

Lived all over the world, never had this issue until I moved to Pensacola. Advice?
    We use a company called home team ,they treat 4 times a year and you can call if needed no charge . We called once for a large spider [to us] and called to-day for 1 roach . The flying biting bugs no see ums etc you are pretty much on your own....get OFF spray and home depot spray "home defense " . They are here now but they are saying we need to up grade our coverage 400.00 min. .

Viking1204

Master
    We treat our home ourselves with the stuff you can by in the hardware stores. Never have too much of a problem, make sure your doors and windows are sealed, especially the bottom of the doors. I've watch a palmetto bug crawl right under our front door so we treat it weakly and soon I'll be finding a way to seal it up better!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    This is too much. Im still worried about murder hornets killing me and being butt raped by HIV monkeys on the loose. Im going to nuke my house with chemicals that kills living things and then live in it. Totally safe.
    Don't forget the cannibal gas looters. Luckily we weren't in the path of the eclipse so we dodged the John Wick vampires. Whew!

fisheadgib

Shooter

Keep all of your drains covered, roaches use the drains and sewer system as a highway to travel into your house. If you keep all of your drains capped when not in use, you'll reduce the amount of roaches getting in. Can't help with the spiders.

IronBeard

Master

Welcome t' the war kid.

I was told by a bug guy years ago that you'll notice most critters trying to get in during temperature changes. His opinion was that they followed any air of a higher/lower temperature coming out around/under doors. Might be BS, but I see more bugs as seasons change.

I buy concentrated insecticide from Tractor Supply and spray the yard. If you don't do the whole yard, at least do a 8-10 foot line of death.
    20240407_102233.jpg

Top Bottom