• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Scenario 1:

Old Days - Jack goes duck hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

Today - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Old Days - Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

Today - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled - even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Old Days - Jeffrey disrupts other students in the class.

Jeffrey is sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

Today - Jeffrey will not be in class anymore,
    is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Old Days - Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

Today - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse, Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being spanked herself, and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:

Old days - Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.

Today - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Old Days - Pedro fails high school English.

Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

Today - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:

Old Days - Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

Ants die.

Today - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:

Old Days - Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

Today - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are right. I remember in 5th grade I had to do a how to project. What I wanted to do was show my class mates how to clean a firearm. Well at first I was going to use a pipe to simulate the barrel of a firearm. Well after my dad (bigbulls) contacted the principal and the principal made a few other phone calls I was allowed to take my dad's .270 to school. But the firing pin had to be removed and the stock. So at the end my dad had to drop me off and pick me up but I did get to take his .270 to school to show the whole class how to clean it. Now today is a whole different story. I think that was the year of 2000 and in Colorado. Look at Colorado now and the way it is becoming.

Last edited:

StorMay05

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw a picture out of a friends year book from the 70's from Pace Middle School, and it was bring your gun to school day. And there were two teachers one with a rifle the other a shotgun, how I wish things were more sensible today.

dirtyharry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It is crazy to hear these days about teachers having sexual relationships with students. Of course when I was in school, I didn't have any hot teachers.

Top Bottom