• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i see nothing wrong with personalizing a gun to fit your liking or personality. would i carry a pink gun? no. if i were on the other end would i really care what color the gun is while i'm running away from the bullets? hell no.

1377154_684770764886818_1237086657_n.jpg

fleetc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its the same reason people do custom paint on their cars. It personalizes it. Is somebody gonna take a zombie green or gold plated DE into battle? Probably not. Theyre just range toys and should be viewed as such. As many people that use their guns in real world situations theres another person that personalizes theirs and just wants to shoot for fun. Remember this is a hobby as much if not more than it is a tool.

Amen brother!

Ken232

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok to clear a couple of points up:
    1 Wasn't trying to dictate anything just wondering how people felt (to each their own) If you want a Zombie green AR go for it..or a Passion Pink Kel-Tec p-11..who am I to say thats wrong..just not for me

2 Extending mag releases/slide releases and safeties to me is a different story than colors...most of that was done to accommodate cold weather "gloved" shooting from what i was led to believe...but again makes non gloved shooting easier too...again preferences..who AM i to say.

All I was looking for is just what people like ..kind of a poll type thing and why..call me a courious old man ;)

Shoot what you like, fix it how you like and have fun.:)

And i dont have a wife, so...LOL...but (to save my booty here) IF I did and she wanted a Pink Glock...then she would have it LOL..nice save huh Ladies ;)

Last edited:

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    kidsoncoffee;112505. Theyre just range toys and should be viewed as such. [/QUOTE said:
    Guns are not toys,and when you view it as such bad things happen.

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    really? cause I have an assload of fun with mine! I like to play with them.

I don't know what to say to this. If,no when you have an accident with your toys just remember someone told you once that it wasn't a toy. Having fun is one thing. Treating a firearm with the respect it demands is another. Please let us know when you will be at the range, I'll make sure to not be there.
    Customize it all you want. But it will still cause you great harm if treated as a toy.

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I tried to buy my wife a pink LC9 and her first were "what would the guys at the range think". Enough said on that

Bootwo2000

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So putting some color on a gun makes it a toy? I treat my zombie green carbine the same as my black guns. But my black ones arent toys cause thats the way you think that guns "should" look That logic is laughable and un-American.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So when people refer to their boats or muscle cars or mud trucks as "toys", are you going to give them the same retarded ass safety speach as you did me? Its a figure of speech you sensationalizing twits. Looks like we have several FOX news anchors on the forum.

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I treat my mud truck as the extreme tool that it is. It has a roll cage,5 point harness and I wear my helmet. It demands respect. Just like any firearm. I'm guessing you have never been seriously hurt by any of your toys. Wisdom is earned,not given. You have some earning to do.

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So putting some color on a gun makes it a toy? I treat my zombie green carbine the same as my black guns. But my black ones arent toys cause thats the way you think that guns "should" look That logic is laughable and un-American.

I don't care what color you put on your gun. When you call it a toy I have a problem with that. A firearm is a tool. Lego's are toys.

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    kidsoncoffee;112505 Theyre just range toys and should be viewed as such. Remember this is a hobby as much if not more than it is a tool.[/QUOTE said:
    I replied to this statement.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Come on.....semantics? I think the term "toy" was used loosely by kidsoncoffee and is being taken taken literally by others. Like others have said. It's yours, as long as mods are safe and legal I don't care how you spend your time or money on your firearms. Personally, I like to try different things on mine but they are usually not permanent. I would venture to say that most of us have lost money on trying out gadgets that end up in a bin or sold on GCGF classified section, as lnib, for a loss. :decision:

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    for some reason this gun came to mind when i saw the thread
    16278d1358145924-dura-coating-xds-image.jpg

Attachments

• 16278d1358145924-dura-coating-xds-image.jpg
      16278d1358145924-dura-coating-xds-image.jpg
      194.2 KB · Views: 125

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the outrageous colors are lame as well, but opinions are like assholes....

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMG957613.jpg

As tacticool as I will ever get.

Attachments

• IMAG1017.jpg
      IMAG1017.jpg
      143.2 KB · Views: 112
    • IMG957613.jpg
      IMG957613.jpg