• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not surprising. Stupid epoch times wont let me read the article.
    Well dang. First time I pulled it up I could ignore the request for $$$ but not the second.

Jist for those that can't is ATF is sending C&D letters to companies that sell 80%s, along with all the other parts (including jig) needed to manufacture a firearm. This is even though you still have to MANUFACTURE the firearm and (until new rule goes into effect) they have clearly stated the constituent parts (including the 80% item) ARE NOT firearms.

In other words, a bag of parts that can not function as anything without some considerable work is now a "firearm" to ATF.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    They just can’t sell the “kits” or ship the jig and the lowers together.

Really - should just split the companies into 2. - one for jigs and tools and one for blanks.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They just can’t sell the “kits” or ship the jig and the lowers together.

Really - should just split the companies into 2. - one for jigs and tools and one for blanks.

Don't know about that. First company they hit had to shut down and then filed a federal law suit.

WE can never do indirectly that which we can't do directly. That is supposed to apply to govt too, but rarely seems to.

Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On a side note, i bought a few pistol lower kits a few weeks ago. Now looking to buy upper completion kits. Any ideas? Many places sold out/not selling.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On a side note, i bought a few pistol lower kits a few weeks ago. Now looking to buy upper completion kits. Any ideas? Many places sold out/not selling.

None, really. This action by ATF seems to be the gauntlet thrown down that they want everything down to springs and pins serialized and sold only by an FFL. If you are a business, how do you lay in inventory (assuming you can get it) with the threat of getting a C&D letter because your parts might now be determined to be a "firearm"?

Top Bottom