• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    The issue isn’t re-payment of the loan. The issue is solving the greater problem of rising education costs, interest rates, and cost-of-living versus stagnant wages. Loan forgiveness allows an opportunity to clear the slate and evaluate the root of the issue. It doesn’t mean no more loan re-payment moving forward. Cure the disease, not the symptom.

Education should be free. We fall behind the rest of the world and people wonder why. There’s probably a few billion dollars we can pull from defense annually to help ensure free education for those who want it. Educated citizens lead to educated communities/workers, and better paid work forces. We pay so much in taxes, it should be re-invested in the people, much like operating a successful business.

I spent 15 years re-paying my student debt in full, and my debt was not nearly as much as the majority of the population. I have absolutely zero issue with across-the-board forgiveness. You already paid off your own loan? So what. Pat yourself on the back and let’s move on.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Well Im glad we finally established that debts need to be repaid and treating people differently only on the basis of race is wrong... But only in the case of college admissions.

Now if only we could determine what a woman is... Truly great questions this Republic has.

sfiturbo

Shooter
    So who reaps the benefits of loan cancellation? College got payed.. government holds the note and the student gets the benefit of further education. Taxpayers ( government) now loose their investment to the colleges now payed in full and can raise prices and jack the student around requiring additional courses for a worthless degree that was sold to them by a curriculum counselor. My daughter graduated with a masters debt free thanks to mom and dad(and her to a degree) and we all bailed at the doctorate level when we saw the waste of time and money to keep going. My point is that we are working class and sacrificed and we’re given no reprieve from any level. The taxpayers need to be made whole for a debt that was incurred through no fault of their own.

TK5o

Master
    The issue isn’t re-payment of the loan. The issue is solving the greater problem of rising education costs, interest rates, and cost-of-living versus stagnant wages. Loan forgiveness allows an opportunity to clear the slate and evaluate the root of the issue. It doesn’t mean no more loan re-payment moving forward. Cure the disease, not the symptom.

Education should be free. We fall behind the rest of the world and people wonder why. There’s probably a few billion dollars we can pull from defense annually to help ensure free education for those who want it. Educated citizens lead to educated communities/workers, and better paid work forces. We pay so much in taxes, it should be re-invested in the people, much like operating a successful business.

I spent 15 years re-paying my student debt in full, and my debt was not nearly as much as the majority of the population. I have absolutely zero issue with across-the-board forgiveness. You already paid off your own loan? So what. Pat yourself on the back and let’s move on.
    How about instead of taking from the military we stop giving unneeded handouts to foreign countries, stop illegals from entering which creates more strain on the economy (medical needs, crimes, American jobs) not to mention illegal drivers cause wrecks and a trickle down effect from insurance, medical, lost wages, lost shipments ect ect ect.

All that said we give too much free stuff away as it is. No more free stuff. Get off your butt and work. Dont take loans, pay cash for everything

Snake-Eyes

Master

Yeah, fix the overpriced, overhyped, and broken education system.

Meanwhile, why does this bill have to be paid by anyone other than the person who signed the contract to pay it? The same short-sighted “I want mine” woke-think that supports “loan forgiveness” is the same mental incompetence that supports “reparations“ paid by people who never owned slaves to people who never were slaves.

Unlike you, I think the military doesn’t need anymore cuts. Instead, cut the fat from take your pick of fluffy woke “feel good” social programs.

If we have billions and billions to send overseas for unregulated distribution to un-vetted recipients, then we are stealing too much money from the US taxpayer.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Side note: can you edit the title of this thread?

“supreme count” sounds like a bed sheet thread-density discussion.

“Supreme Court” is more accurate.
    Still vague... but at least the capitalization and spelling would be correct.

If you do edit it, just delete this post. :)

//OCD grammar nazi off//

sloporsche

Marksman
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Side note: can you edit the title of this thread?

“supreme count” sounds like a bed sheet thread-density discussion.

“Supreme Court” is more accurate.
    Still vague... but at least the capitalization and spelling would be correct.

If you do edit it, just delete this post. :)

//OCD grammar nazi off//
    thanks ...my bad ...fixed but i forgot the CAPITALIZATION part

Carl

Master
    “I like taking the guns early"

"take the guns first, go through due process second"

Thank god he was elected.

WhackAttack

Shooter
    Debt forgiveness. Everyone knew what they signed up. They signed the contract. And what about all the people that payed off their debt. Do we pay them back? If we don't then that's just not fair to them. Options? 1. Let the debtors do community service for repayment. No money out of their pocket and they are providing a service to the community. 2. Join the military. Learn a trade. Go to school. Lots of people have received degrees while in the military.

Just some thoughts. There is no such thing as free anything. Some how, some way, someone is paying for it.

IronBeard

Master
    “I like taking the guns early"

"take the guns first, go through due process second"

Thank god he was elected.
    That right there, plus directing the atf to find ways within their regulations to ban things, conducting himself as the CEO of USA inc; never have a clue the senate/congress did not "work" for him, he said that but meant..., never, ever, not once acknowledging or acting upon the destruction obama inflicted on our military, living decades as a new york democrat and then "turning" republican.

Never, once, owning anything, and admitting, I @#$%ed up X. I alone own X. Here's exactly how and where I @#$%ed up X, here is my plan to un@#$% X, and let me introduce my team of experts who is really gonna un@#$% X 'cause I don't know everything and I'm gonna listen to my experts, even when they tell me I'm a dumb@$$. Oh, I'm gonna read and understand the constitution and the bill of rights, and my every word and action will be governed by those.

Nah. Dude's in a credibility crater he'll never get out of, because he doesn't think he needs to.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Debt forgiveness. Everyone knew what they signed up. They signed the contract. And what about all the people that payed off their debt. Do we pay them back? If we don't then that's just not fair to them. Options? 1. Let the debtors do community service for repayment. No money out of their pocket and they are providing a service to the community. 2. Join the military. Learn a trade. Go to school. Lots of people have received degrees while in the military.

Just some thoughts. There is no such thing as free anything. Some how, some way, someone is paying for it.
    Yee-up. Ya @#$%ed up. Lesson learned. I'm pretty sure somebody tried to warn them, too. But, noooo, muh fr'ens, muh teacher, muh guidance counselor, muh feels, muh dreams.

Muh gran'parents an' parents be nice an all dat, but dey jus don' be knowin' how it is. But joe biden do....

Suck it up. Ya got lied to and played. Pay back what you owe and learn from it. That degree in cultural studies is gonna make you the best waiter ever. Or, you can be an "officer" in the military; you'll be in charge. Just like the people that helped you fill out than loan paperwork said you would.

Top Bottom