• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Barely got tied up before the bottom dropped out.
    Lucky there, whew! Hate when weather blows up.
    Had a bad storm blow up on Erie last year. Captian had the bow and stern thrusters pushing us up to the dock we were tied to for 6 hours. With the 4 engines warmed up in case. 8 lines on the dock. We use electric winches. 7/8 cable on 4 ,v4 are plasma.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Open borders are good.... I'm sure there’s some IED builders there.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Got my grandson a drone for his birthday. We'll tried to fly it in the house, Oops. Got sent outside. Then tried again, got it off the ground, did a loop and then the damm thing skyrocketed up, up, and away..... Damm thing wouldn't come back or turn. So it may be the most memorable birthday yet. I'll scout the woods in the direction it went tomorrow in the am. I was shocked at how fast and how high it went. Dang it. Probably flying back to chi-na to be resold. I feel like a real jerk now for losing his drone. Hope I can find it.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Got my grandson a drone for his birthday. We'll tried to fly it in the house, Oops. Got sent outside. Then tried again, got it off the ground, did a loop and then the damm thing skyrocketed up, up, and away..... Damm thing wouldn't come back or turn. So it may be the most memorable birthday yet. I'll scout the woods in the direction it went tomorrow in the am. I was shocked at how fast and how high it went. Dang it. Probably flying back to chi-na to be resold. I feel like a real jerk now for losing his drone. Hope I can find it.
    Doesn't have a "home" function? If not and you have to get another one spend some more $ and get one with that capability. Got my grandson with that function and it's better, especially when the battery gets low.

Greetings fellow Americans,I seen a commercial yesterday and It haunted my dreams I suppose because I feel like now's the time to discuss it.Yesterday after work I walked in to a commercial for Rick Scott for Florida Senate.That pissed me off!So here's something that you don't know about me.In 2018 I was arrested for possession of a "bumpfire stock".I didn't own or possess a bumpfire stock, I had a gatlin crank.The date was October 3,2018.After 2hrs of sitting on the side of the road with our local P.D. their supervising officer arrived and apologized for the waste of time,He then informed me that my gatlin crank had been banned in Florida two days prior by a Bill that Governor Rick Scott had signed during the late night hours of Oct.1st.They said that the new law was so vague that they wouldn't get involved in attempting an arrest,but they had to confiscate the AR in question because th State Attorney's office could pursue it.They did,ultimately it ended up the way we did.I cleared my name with a lot of wasted time and money,but there was a 90day grace period to dispose of Bumpfire stocks on a National level,but here in Florida I faced a 3rd degree felony for a gatlin crank which isn't a bumpfire stock nor does it increase or improve the rate of fire whatsoever.It was illegal for 3days and there was NO grace period.Rick Scott signed a Bill that only effected legal law abiding citizens that actually voted for him.It's hard to find the paperwork that I had, but the things that were on the list as bumpfire stocks by definition was the most ridiculous accessories.Do your research because I faafo the hard way,but I know now that Rick Scott is a sleaze bag that'll say anything to get our votes and throw us to the wolves to achieve his personal agenda

He wanted to be the first to show that he agreed with gun control in Florida

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240807-172323.png
      Screenshot_20240807-172323.png
      612.3 KB · Views: 23
    • Screenshot_20240808-064545.png
      Screenshot_20240808-064545.png
      666.1 KB · Views: 22
    • Screenshot_20240808-064618.png
      Screenshot_20240808-064618.png
      656.9 KB · Views: 25

M60Gunner

Master
    Very interesting to read about Richard Myers, born in Illinois, raised in Missouri.

was pressured to resign as chief executive of Columbia/HCA in 1997. During his tenure as chief executive, the company defrauded Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal programs. The Department of Justice won 14 felony convictions against the company, which was fined $1.7 billion in what was at the time the largest healthcare fraud settlement in U.S. history.[7][8] Following his departure from Columbia/HCA, Scott became a venture capitalist and pursued other business interests. During Scott's 2000 deposition, he pleaded the Fifth Amendment 75 times…

Carl

Master
    Nobody important cares. Most Americans would approve of hunting down the white racists. Notice the brown people are referred by their religion and the white are just called white racists.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.
    While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On ariving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked up the front walk, he paused briefly at a small tree, touchng the tips of the branches with both hands.
    When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation.. His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
    Afterwrd he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
    'Oh, that's my trouble tree,' he replied 'I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children.. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again.' 'Funny thing is,' he smiled,' when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Just sent off my Captain's license renewal. Celebrating 30 yrs. No chance of retiring in this economy!
    They are slow as hell. Also new type of document coming. Whatever nonsense printer they were using died. Hope you are 8 weeks from expiration. Do you have to have STCW? And TWIC?

Last edited:

capt.joe

Master
    They are slow as hell. Also new type of document coming. Whatever nonsense printer they were using died. Hope you are 8 weeks from expiration. Do you have to have STCW? And TWIC?
    I'm betting it will come back quick now that they are going back to the old school full page license. I'm dropping my 3000 ton oceans STCW, they will bust me down to 200 ton which is fine for most tugs as Master of Tow. I don't feel like taking the renewal courses which used to be lifetime certs. I am going to miss the passport style license.

Top Bottom