• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Life has been good since I moved from South of 98 West of Hurlburt to North of 98 in Fort Walton Beach near the back gate of Hurlburt! Now most places I go I don't need to get on 98 and can take alternate routes and avoid it all together unless I decide to go to Navarre or Destin.

Had a client in the 90s who said that 98 would be like St Pete one day. I'm about to believe! I stay away unless absolutely necessary.

Milton/Pace is getting horrible and only poised to get worse with all the sewer pipe stubouts sticking in the air waiting for out of town suckahs to buy overpriced housing.

maxfold

Master
    Yes still has a resemblance of small time , that's over .starting to feel like pcola ! Infrastructure is weak going down hill , I drive aggressive but being pushed , Homeless are everywhere , don't mind HoBo's ,Travelers but overload is bad .

WRM

Master
    pcola ! Infrastructure is weak going down hill

Weak? You're too kind. They'll never catch up. Just now looking at re-instating "developer pays" for infrastructure needs. Doubt that will ever happen anyway, but they are way behind the curve. Not as far as say, Santa Rosa County, but behind. Just wait'll SRC approves the new Jubilee MEGA development. You'll need one of those spiffy new personal drones. Then....drone crashes. I can see the lawyer ads now!!

MarkS

Master
    Just got back to Baker from Gulf Breeze and traffic on 98 was crowded with out of towner’s. I wouldn’t have gone but the wife needed a driver after some tests at the hospital

Raven

Master
    Just got back to Baker from Gulf Breeze and traffic on 98 was crowded with out of towner’s. I wouldn’t have gone but the wife needed a driver after some tests at the hospital
    Love the jobs on 98. Love the higher pay. I just allow for over an hour to get to where I'm going. Stress free. I let everybody go around me because I do the speed limit and I don't have to watch out for cops. The other day I was a half hour early. Gave me time to go shopping at the ANS. Snagged a half price Multicam goretex. Win win win! It's not all bad

MarkS

Master
    Love the jobs on 98. Love the higher pay. I just allow for over an hour to get to where I'm going. Stress free. I let everybody go around me because I do the speed limit and I don't have to watch out for cops. The other day I was a half hour early. Gave me time to go shopping at the ANS. Snagged a half price Multicam goretex. Win win win! It's not all bad
    I made a decent living working out of Niceville as the owner (Vern Young) paid union scale unlike most site work contractors. Most of the folks I grew up with always wanted to work on base so they would make union scale while we didn't like going on base as it was more red tape but not more money.

Raven

Master
    How many of you guys here have seen the "I (heart) FWB" billboard on 98 in Fort Walton Beach... and skipped right over the "FWB" and read it as "I (heart) FJB" ? Man my heart just about stopped and I almost spit my drink out all over my dash at like 50 mph! Lmfao! Until I did a double take and saw the FWB. It's only a matter of time before a real prankster gets ahold of that billboard

Viking1204

Master
    98 is going to be a parking lot going thru Navarre, even more so than it is now. Drove thru there Sunday on my way to Blackwater and I've never seen so much building goint on, new shopping centers, stores, restaurants and a gazzilion new apartments, the new Destin is here!

Raven

Master
    98 is going to be a parking lot going thru Navarre, even more so than it is now. Drove thru there Sunday on my way to Blackwater and I've never seen so much building goint on, new shopping centers, stores, restaurants and a gazzilion new apartments, the new Destin is here!
    I called the trailer place in Milton recently. Land/home packages went up like 40%. For a one acre lot and a 2 bedroom trailer. WTH. They're pushing the common man off of 98 and soon enough out of Milton too. I'll be driving to work on 98 from damn Alabama, soon enough. And I'll get my binary trigger back! The one good thing about that

lil'skeet

Master
    I called the trailer place in Milton recently. Land/home packages went up like 40%. For a one acre lot and a 2 bedroom trailer. WTH. They're pushing the common man off of 98 and soon enough out of Milton too. I'll be driving to work on 98 from damn Alabama, soon enough. And I'll get my binary trigger back! The one good thing about that
    What did they want for that?
    My friend says there is a new 2 bed, 2 bath manufactured home in niceville where he lives. $330K! 1\2 are lot!

Viking1204

Master
    I live in FWB and had interviewed for a job in Gulf Breeze, didn't get it thankfully! When I interviewed my wife asked if we were going to move to Navarre if I got the job and I told her there was no way in hell I'd ever move West of Hurlburt again!

Raven

Master
    What did they want for that?
    My friend says there is a new 2 bed, 2 bath manufactured home in niceville where he lives. $330K! 1\2 are lot!
    Was $30,000+ for the acre lot in BFE and a bargain basement no frills 2 bedroom for like $70,000+-. When I priced them last year it was like $54,000

Raven

Master
    I live in FWB and had interviewed for a job in Gulf Breeze, didn't get it thankfully! When I interviewed my wife asked if we were going to move to Navarre if I got the job and I told her there was no way in hell I'd ever move West of Hurlburt again!
    A man who knows his priorities

lil'skeet

Master
    I wouldn't want to do that 5:00 drive to Navarre on 98 every day, or opposite in the morning. That backs up to brooks bridge.

Viking1204

Master
    Until now I had lived off of 98 West of Hurlburt for 22 years. I can remember going thru the little town of Navarre with its 2 traffic lights, one at 87 and one at the bridge. Now with 10 or more traffice lights on 98 and the amount of build up that is going on it's only going to get stupid trying to drive thru there with the combined traffic of Hurlburt, tourists and residents. Oh, and someone told me he tought they were building another school on 98 somewhere near Navarre!

lil'skeet

Master
    Was $30,000+ for the acre lot in BFE and a bargain basement no frills 2 bedroom for like $70,000+-. When I priced them last year it was like $54,000
    That increase doesn't cover the price increase of material in my world. Luckily, us stupid ass working stiffs are slow to catch up on labor prices.

Top Bottom