• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    It really is. I was skeptical when I first heard about it, but it is really tasty. I don't like sweet beers and this one isn't. It smells like banana bread, but just tastes like good beer. I'll save you one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Deal.

Seanpcola

I do love me some Corona too, perfect golfing beer for me.

Actually, I'm not a beer drinker, I'm a Corona drinker. When I was young I liked Miller High Life and Coors, preferably on tap. Then I didn't even drink beer for a long time. Then I tasted a Corona. That got me started drinking them. I try different brands but just don't like the taste. Maybe Yuengling if I find it on tap. If I go in a restaurant and they don't have Corona then I just drink tea.

One of my best buds is from England. We meet out of town about once a year for a model meet up in Huntsville and he always brings something wild, usually dark, coffee looking stuff. He's gone so far as to hide my Coronas to force me to change. Can't do it. Effing LIMEY Bastard tries to make me look like less of a man in public.:tsk:

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    I do, when the store has too big of a selection to put it all in the coolers :)

I'm not a beer connoisseur, I am just a beer drinker. Miller High Life for the Win. I put the fancy stuff away awhile back and went back to my original. At least it's always cold when I pick it up and I can't complain about it..

Seanpcola

I'm not a beer connoisseur, I am just a beer drinker. Miller High Life for the Win. I put the fancy stuff away awhile back and went back to my original. At least it's always cold when I pick it up and I can't complain about it..

Cold isn't an issue Farook. Just gotta make the Ole ball and chain keep the beer fridge stocked. Next time I see your truck at Walmart I'll leave a note on the windshield in case she's driving. "Woman, do NOT come home without my hops".

Khaot1c

Marksman
    I waited too long after taking my algebra class to take stats. I'm not very good at math. I can't stand math. Stats is like math in Russian. I don't understand Russian either.....

Seanpcola

Yep, that's them. I'll just need to borrow about a hundred grand from Frank and I'll be set.

Rant time: I'm sitting in the reception area at Auburn University's Veterinary hospital. New facility, fantastic and huge! Very large sitting area specifically designed so that pet owners can comfortably spread out with their animals to avoid conficts. Total seating capacity is around 50 people. I get here early with Muki (stands for Morbidly Underestimated Killing Instinct). I'm the first client in so I walk to the very end of the area, allowing anyone else the whole rest of the building. My own quiet little corner.

Ten minutes later this old broad comes in with her wiener, walks all the way to the back and parks her ass not 6' from me. Muki goes on high alert, hackles up, fangs glinting in the light and that low, glass rattling growl that signals it's about to get real up in here.

Genius cops a 'tude at ME. But, I'm tired, in a decent mood and I just want to get this ordeal over with and the truck headed back South ASAP. So, I get up and the dog and I move to the center of the demilitarized zone and go back to peace a quiet. A few minutes later the veterinary assistants come out grab both dogs and head to the back for treatment.

So, I walk out to stretch my legs, grab my tablet out of the truck, come back in to an empty reception area for an hour of quietly enjoying my latest ebook.

Mensa granny strolls back in, parks here wrinkled butt 6' from me, calls someone (probably not anyone that gives a shit to hear from her)and drones on.

And on.

And on.

About absolutely nothing. What the conversation lacked in intellectual value was more than made up in volume. Loud, obnoxious white noise. The cackling of an old hen way past her last egg drop. The screech of a gutshot coyote. The calming tones of a high speed collision that goes on forever.

In my right ear.

So, being the non confrontational sort that I am I get up yet again and move to the opposite end of this voluminous building to give the she hippo plenty of room to bellow.

She has now gotten up and added pacing back and forth to her repetoire of moves designed to let everyone know she is in the same county.

Guess I'll sit in the car and let her have the whole 20,000 square feet for her circus performance. All I need now is a clown car and trained monkeys tof complete the mornings festivities.:Cry:

Update on my rant:

Back at Auburn today. Guess who's here? Good Ole Ms. Obnoxious!!!!! And she's been upgrading her battle phone. It now plays classical music at extremely high volume when it rings. Well, I say "high volume" but that's a relative term. Compared to that high pitched, screeching mating call she uses for a voice it's a mere whisper. I now know her schedule for the week, what's for dinner, enough about her son's hemorrhoids to perform the surgery myself and even all the details to her aunt Matilda's big bingo score Sunday night.

Plotting my counter attack. Dammit! Where's Hugh when I need backup!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    OH NO! maybe they will keep the kitchen, I hope so...damn

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I am devastated! We all need to meet for 1 last lunch!

Ryan

Master
    Anyone know a good place to get a 1911 trigger job around the Daphne area? Have a 1911 and have about 800 rounds through it and it's still a very very stiff trigger.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Anyone know a good place to get a 1911 trigger job around the Daphne area? Have a 1911 and have about 800 rounds through it and it's still a very very stiff trigger.

I've got a sear jig and stones of you want to try it yourself. Otherwise, the guy at Alabama Holster told me the gunsmith there (Alvin?) specializes in 1911's.

madeSICC88

Master
    I've heard the same about the gunsmith at Alabama Holster, he was about 3-4 weeks turn around time last time I was there buta its been a while since then.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom