• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

I drove over to the Destin Bass Pro on Saturday. On the way back there was a Jeep dealership on the north side of 98. Uh, damn!!!!! Never seen that before. Note to self, stop by there on the way back from Tallahassee after I hit the mega millions and pick up my check. Some S-W-E-E-T rides on that lot. Of course, I wouldnt take one down a dirt road and get it dirty but I want one for a late midlife crisis cure.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah they have some nice rides there, I cannot see how they stay in business, but always have tons of toys there

Seanpcola

Oh, I know how they stay in business. Drive through Destin some day and count the Jeeps on 98 and parked at all the condos. I felt like a foreigner in a pickup.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    See I don't even notice that many around here in destin

Seanpcola

I've been toying with the idea of buying a fixer upper since I won't be tempted to go all OCD on the paint and bodywork like I would with a car or antique truck.

I've got my eye on one I can get right, just the perfect model, all the mechanical stuff is mostly done. I'm just waiting on JakeC to get on the bad side of a jealous husband and I'll be able to pick it up for a song.

madeSICC88

Master
    Check out the prices on the ones that they get lifted and have the hemis retrofitted into them, was at Colorado Springs last summer and was helping the brother in law take a wheel to the ford dealer to get a flat fixed and while we where waiting we walked to the jeep dealer and they had a bunch of the 4door wranglers that had the bed kit installed with the hemi and loft and all that. Asking price was $120k, they had 4 or similar price. Nuts.

Ryan

Master
    This one is being sold for 189K. Starwood Motors is their name they've been making 80K plus rigs for a while.

GA_800.jpg

Attachments

• GA_800.jpg
      GA_800.jpg
      75.9 KB · Views: 144

madeSICC88

Master
    Damn that thing is fugly, the ones that the jeep dealers sell are using AEV stuff and look pretty cool. unlike the ugly ass Tuscan F150s that dealers buy and try to sell for like $80-90k.

Seanpcola

Yep, that's them. I'll just need to borrow about a hundred grand from Frank and I'll be set.

Rant time: I'm sitting in the reception area at Auburn University's Veterinary hospital. New facility, fantastic and huge! Very large sitting area specifically designed so that pet owners can comfortably spread out with their animals to avoid conficts. Total seating capacity is around 50 people. I get here early with Muki (stands for Morbidly Underestimated Killing Instinct). I'm the first client in so I walk to the very end of the area, allowing anyone else the whole rest of the building. My own quiet little corner.

Ten minutes later this old broad comes in with her wiener, walks all the way to the back and parks her ass not 6' from me. Muki goes on high alert, hackles up, fangs glinting in the light and that low, glass rattling growl that signals it's about to get real up in here.

Genius cops a 'tude at ME. But, I'm tired, in a decent mood and I just want to get this ordeal over with and the truck headed back South ASAP. So, I get up and the dog and I move to the center of the demilitarized zone and go back to peace a quiet. A few minutes later the veterinary assistants come out grab both dogs and head to the back for treatment.

So, I walk out to stretch my legs, grab my tablet out of the truck, come back in to an empty reception area for an hour of quietly enjoying my latest ebook.

Mensa granny strolls back in, parks here wrinkled butt 6' from me, calls someone (probably not anyone that gives a shit to hear from her)and drones on.

And on.

And on.

About absolutely nothing. What the conversation lacked in intellectual value was more than made up in volume. Loud, obnoxious white noise. The cackling of an old hen way past her last egg drop. The screech of a gutshot coyote. The calming tones of a high speed collision that goes on forever.

In my right ear.

So, being the non confrontational sort that I am I get up yet again and move to the opposite end of this voluminous building to give the she hippo plenty of room to bellow.

She has now gotten up and added pacing back and forth to her repetoire of moves designed to let everyone know she is in the same county.

Guess I'll sit in the car and let her have the whole 20,000 square feet for her circus performance. All I need now is a clown car and trained monkeys tof complete the mornings festivities.:Cry:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Play your cards right and maybe you can score a gummy

Last edited:

Seanpcola

She just sat back down next to me and asked what I was reading. I almost said "Actually, I'm playing Wheel of Fortune" on line. I'm so glad you showed up! Just bought a vowel but couldn't solve the puzzle. You sat down and it hit me! 'INCONSIDERATE DOLT'. Thanks to you I can now move up to level 4".

Viking1204

Master
    She just sat back down next to me and asked what I was reading. I almost said "Actually, I'm playing Wheel of Fortune" on line. I'm so glad you showed up! Just bought a vowel but couldn't solve the puzzle. You sat down and it hit me! 'INCONSIDERATE DOLT'. Thanks to you I can now move up to level 4".

LMAO, can't believe you didn't do it!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    She must be an Alabama fan...

Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    I would've but I promised my boss AND my wife that I wouldn't be an asshole to strangers anymore.

Ha, my wife tried that on me, I said "Well that will only leave relatives and loved ones, your choice? Cause you know I've got to be an asshole to someone!"

Top Bottom