• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    My subscription to Norton expired yesterday, I couldn't see myself paying another 70$ a year for their service. Anyone use a good (free) security anti virus site that they can recommend?

Thanks!
    Another vote for Avast and Malwarebyte have been running free version of both since 2008 with no issues

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Norton is nothing but a resource hog.
    I have been using AVG Free for years with no issues.

Ryan

Master
    AVG free. When I do run antivirus it's avg and when I fix people's rigs I use AVG. You should also download a free version of CCleaner. It's not antivirus related but cleans your rig up

Dan1612

Master
    Macs seem a little more resistant. Just a thought for when you go to replace it.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Macs seem a little more resistant. Just a thought for when you go to replace it.

Macs are seem more "resistant" to viruses because it is less profitable to make a virus for a mac compared to Windows. More profitable to make one for Windows. I usually deal with about 2-3 accounts a week that get compromised because the person thinks they don't need an anti-virus for a Mac.

MarkS

Master
    Macs are seem more "resistant" to viruses because it is less profitable to make a virus for a mac compared to Windows. More profitable to make one for Windows. I usually deal with about 2-3 accounts a week that get compromised because the person thinks they don't need an anti-virus for a Mac.
    --Plus 1- Since Windows is the most widely used operating system most attacks are directed against those systems but Mac's are just as vulnerable

Seanpcola

Is it legal to hunt deer with a car during bow season? Just wondering because I'm pretty sure I scored before sunrise this morning. Of course, I'm a FL resident and this was in AL on I-65 about 20 miles South of Greenville. Actually it hit me. Sucker did one of those "squirrel dart one way then head the other way" moves and broadsided me. No damage to car but I know it was a helluva hit.

Snow Bird

Master
    HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET YOUR DRUGS, I hope every one on here know that we won't be able to get refills any more of our pain meds. We are getting cut off buy the Fed Gov. Said to many people are selling them and you can only get 3 months and thats it from that Dr.
    I don't know about you but I can't afford to pay 250 dollars and chase Dr down. This is going to cause hardship on millions of people that need them and don't abuse them or sell them.
    The gov want's to stop the drug trade and have us use diffrent ways to manage our pain. So it's over the counter meds that kill your liver if you take enough to do any good. I don't take alot ,only 2 pills a day but they keep me working and I can sleep most of the night and am already useing over the counter drugs to help.
    What are your thoughts?

Seanpcola

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET YOUR DRUGS, I hope every one on here know that we won't be able to get refills any more of our pain meds. We are getting cut off buy the Fed Gov. Said to many people are selling them and you can only get 3 months and thats it from that Dr.
    I don't know about you but I can't afford to pay 250 dollars and chase Dr down. This is going to cause hardship on millions of people that need them and don't abuse them or sell them.
    The gov want's to stop the drug trade and have us use diffrent ways to manage our pain. So it's over the counter meds that kill your liver if you take enough to do any good. I don't take alot ,only 2 pills a day but they keep me working and I can sleep most of the night and am already useing over the counter drugs to help.
    What are your thoughts?

Welcome to Obamacare?

Snow Bird

Master
    I think it was the FDA and the assholes that want us to have drug free life. Lots of green leafey vegs should do the trickLOL

Dan1612

Master

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Nah. Thought about it, but the safety backwards and stupid, and in the wrong place, and I HATE double action, and it doesn't use 47Ds. Other than my 22 revolver and 500 S&W, I'm sticking to 1911s in 45acp.

The nice thing about the 92G is the levers are decock only and are spring loaded in the up position. I have my 92A1 slide out for "G" conversion right now. I've always liked the Beretta, but I always hated the safety. Josh up at Allegheny Gun Works has been doing the conversions for a few years which is where I sent mine.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    The nice thing about the 92G is the levers are decock only and are spring loaded in the up position. I have my 92A1 slide out for "G" conversion right now. I've always liked the Beretta, but I always hated the safety. Josh up at Allegheny Gun Works has been doing the conversions for a few years which is where I sent mine.

I got a 92G police trade in pretty cheap a few years back, really like that pistol, especially with the decocker.

Stagman

Master
    Nah. Thought about it, but the safety backwards and stupid, and in the wrong place, and I HATE double action, and it doesn't use 47Ds. Other than my 22 revolver and 500 S&W, I'm sticking to 1911s in 45acp.

This is Dan's next gun.
    ColtPython.357.jpg

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    I got a 92G police trade in pretty cheap a few years back, really like that pistol, especially with the decocker.

Yep, they are nice guns. I bought the 92A1 two years ago to build into what I wanted my issue gun to be before I retired. AGW was out of G conversion parts until recently when Wilson started doing conversions. The release of these pistols actually may have helped me because no aftermarket dual sided levers were available, but Josh is working to get me a set of these levers from Beretta since I'm a lefty. Wilson wouldn't even answer an email when I emailed and asked, then wouldn't consider it when I called. I like Wilson stuff, but their attitude concerning this put me off from dealing with them on the 92.

M9_zps32141606.jpg

Attachments

• M9_zps32141606.jpg
      M9_zps32141606.jpg
      56.7 KB · Views: 158
    Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom