• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Gonna do my damnedest to get an iPhone 6Plus in the AM. This zombie phone sh!t's for the birds.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Good Luck Dan, already have mine, soooo good!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Saw something interesting at work today. I've seen it a handful of times in the past, but it's still pretty cool.

20140918_143135_zpsd3boollq.jpg

20140918_143220_zpsavndp79o.jpg
    Pretty cool man, I like running across cool stuff at work. Mine's mostly suicidal animals though, I could start a separate thread.

Dan1612

Master
    I had a 5, but it crapped out 2 weeks ago. 2 months short of contract expiration. I'm now using a 4 that belonged to one of the kids, I dug it out from our iPhone graveyard (hence the term "zombie phone") The ear speaker doesn't work, so I have to always be on speaker phone, and the home button doesn't work, which makes things real interesting. Lol.

Dan1612

Master
    Got to AT&T store at 6, was 35th in line. They ran out of 6+ by the 20th person. And oh yeah, it was raining. :(

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Got to AT&T store at 6, was 35th in line. They ran out of 6+ by the 20th person. And oh yeah, it was raining. :(

reminds me of a good day of hunting deer

Famine

Master
    Dan -Sam's Club was selling them - not sure of how many or if they are still in Stock. Apple is selling online as well. Might try both. I pre-ordered mine late Saturday - expect my 6+s to arrive late Oct/early Nov.....they sold out fast on the 6+

Khaot1c

Marksman
    ... And people were sleeping in parking lots for that thing. As a Samsung owner I don't understand the attraction

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    You are lucky they ran out as bad as ATT service is, it may be ok at your little local market but nationwide the suck, Verizon is the way to go as much as I hate the cost their coverage is second to none. Sorta like the argument between trusting your lives to steel 223 ammo or brass.

Famine

Master
    Frank - I travel all over the CONUS for my job and I have no problems with coverage from AT&T (work and personal cell). My only area of spotty coverage is at my deer camp where Verizon is the hands down champ. I solved the problem at my trailer with a signal booster - on the 5400 acre deer lease I have about 50% coverage. Not sure what your point of reference is? Verizon has great coverage - no question but AT&T has not been an issue anywhere I travel for business.

I don't like the way AT&T is charging for the 6+. My base 16 gig was $299.00 but when they added in BS fees plus tax it was around $400.00 for an upgrade...but it was time to replace my 4S and I need the larger real estate on the 6+ for my old eyes.

Last edited:

Khaot1c

Marksman
    I've been with AT&T for a while. Since they bought my service from Cingular. I've been grandfathered with the unlimited data plan for a while and recently have been threatened with a Modernization of my mobile plan. I was told that on my next Device upgrade that I will lose it. The choice to go with Cingular in the very beginning was a matter of coverage so I have zero Service loyalty. Whoever gives me the coverage I need with a data plan that doesn't rape my wallet

Dan1612

Master
    I don't like how complicated the different plans have gotten. I think the best bet is to just buy the phone outright and call it a day.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    I don't like how complicated the different plans have gotten. I think the best bet is to just buy the phone outright and call it a day.

Owning?buying out right doesnt make the plans any less complicated. Phone wont work without a carrier plan attatched? Maybe u meant something else or didnt explain enough?

Khaot1c

Marksman
    I rooted into an after market ROM on my phone which allowed tethering to my laptop. I could also Hotspot my other devices that were stranded without WiFi when I was traveling. The legit tethering plans with AT&T cost far more than you actually get for the data limit. Last time I checked, Verizon had much more reasonable rates on their tethering plans

Snow Bird

Master
    Remember the day when a phone was just to call people? Thats about all mine will do and it's 27 dollars a month. BUT I sure ain't afraid to look at someones elses high priced phone when I want to see the radar. But the truth be know I probably ain't smart enough to use a Smart Phone anyway.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Why the hell would someone show up that early and stand in the rain for a frigging phone?? That's ridiculous

Dan1612

Master
    Owning?buying out right doesnt make the plans any less complicated. Phone wont work without a carrier plan attatched? Maybe u meant something else or didnt explain enough?

Right. Both the "Next" deal and the traditional 2 year contract subsidize the device to an extent. Where it gets complicated is that your service cost is different with one vs the other, but I can't tell which costs less at the end of 2 years.

Dan1612

Master
    Why the hell would someone show up that early and stand in the rain for a frigging phone?? That's ridiculous

Because my phone doesn't work. Come on, you know you'll do it for the single stack 9.

Top Bottom