• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    Just saw a station on 29 literally charging a leg for diesel. Has was only an arm, which isn't to bad...

Seanpcola

Actually, I live in a van down by the river.

Ok, the airport in question is Coastal Airport in Beulah. My boss bought it about 18 years ago and I was put in charge of upkeep, maintenance along with a long laundry list of responsibilities. It's my base of operations for everything I do. I even bought my house to be close to work since I love the area and it also allowed me to be on site in a matter of less than 5 minutes, which has been necessary on occasion.

Beulah is exploding. It's gone from a quiet rural community to a bustling metropolis. Well, not there yet but it will be within a matter of two years. Navy Federal Credit Union is in the process of additions resulting in a 10,000 member workforce, Pensacola is expanding and this is the only direction it can go. Huge parcels of land are being sold and turned into subdivisions. Property is being purchased for commercial ventures too. Even the Navy OLF Site 8, a 640 acre parcel has been swapped to the county for a large commercial park.

My boss bought the airport because it came up for sale in the 90's. He lives and breathes flying, has a large collection of personal aircraft along with leases and a few rentals. This doesn't include other toys and hobbies. This place has been his personal playground plus an asset to flyers in the area but between his advancing age and the shit economy just about putting all recreational pilots out of the game the airport has become more of a Albatross around his neck. He wasn't planning on selling it as, even though he doesn't fly much anymore, it could still be for the general public plus still a playground for other activities and storage for his assets.

However, the county came to him a few months ago with an amazing offer, one that he would be a fool to refuse. They need the property to build a school. Last night the final vote came up and passed so we are out of here.

On one hand I'm going to miss having work so close to home plus all the land for flying m RC stuff and generally my own private playground too. On the flip side, I'm golden, this will be to my benefit too. One door closes and another opens and frankly, I'm going to enjoy the change somewhat. After the intital frantic move which is going to take a few months, I'll probably be working less hours. However, until then I'm going to be busier than I've ever been. We will be building some structures on another property for storage, getting aircraft operational that's been sitting idle for years and generally moving equipment and other posessions. It will be a nightmare and I may not have much free time, we'll see how that goes.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Best of luck Sean!

Seanpcola

Thanks Viking. It really will be good. I've had fun, got to play with and fly in some of the coolest machinery in exsistence, met awesome people and had some wild experiences. I'll tell some of them sometime. I will be able to do some things I've been wanting to do too. Only complaint is we are going to be doing some seriously heavy stuff during the hottest part of the year but I'm used to it.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    I missed the part about WHAT the good part for u was?

Just think, if you had hit 40 million, you could have got someone younger...

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    We will be building some structures on another property for storage, getting aircraft operational that's been sitting idle for years and generally moving equipment and other posessions.
    Will there be a yard sale or auction? Perhaps some useful items, or simply interesting conversation pieces, to be got on the cheap?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I'd marry Sandra bullock.

Hell I'd marry Jennifer tilly.

sofia vergara for me, the wife can have her guy for a while....

Seanpcola

Will there be a yard sale or auction? Perhaps some useful items, or simply interesting conversation pieces, to be got on the cheap?

At this point I just don't know. I'm buying a few pieces of equipment but I sort of doubt much will be for sale, not anything aviation related for certain.

Once we start sorting and settling stuff I'll see what happens. If we end up with things for sale I'll post here unless they're high dollar items.

Seanpcola

sofia vergara for me, the wife can have her guy for a while....

Yeah, she might do. Actually, I agree that Sophia is about as hot as it can get but personally I like the blonde on Modern Family better. Sophia is gorgeous but the blonde looks like she would be more fun to tangle with.

MAXman

Master
    Honestly some of the local women I see daily are as atteactive(or more) than the people on tv.

In case she is interweb stalking me, I mean my wife.

Honestly though, first is for love, second is for money. I'll take oprah

Top Bottom