• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Spent a hot Sunday afternoon "window shopping" for a used truck/suv. Everywhere I looked I saw a "step one auto" banner.
    WTF is this "catch all" , some Chinese take over of the car market ?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think they own several dealerships.
    I believe they owned the Cadillac dealership when we were looking for an SUV for my wife.

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had to buy a car last week. My daughter got into a fender bender and the insurance company wanted to use another repair shop than where it was (wasn't forced, they just recommended). I didn't care either way, so they towed it to Gerber and they declined it saying they didn't have the keys (they were with the car). The car was lost for a week and when it finally arrived where I originally wanted it, it had way more damage and ended up being totaled by the insurance company. They gave me almost 4K more than I paid for it and we had it for 4 years and almost 50K miles so I can't complain too much.

Anyway, as we were looking, I was like... isn't this a crock of crap, every dealer is this Step One place and they don't deal at all. I experienced them a few years back when they started buying up dealerships and got a sour taste. I think it was Vince Whibbs GMC at the time. I ended up buying two slightly used vehicles at Frontier Motors and have had great luck with them, but the used market is crazy now. We ended up at with a new 2022 Hyundai Tuscon from the dealer on 29 and were able to get them to deal a bit. Still not my usual 15% off sticker deal that I am usually able to get, but we did get them to come off about $2000 when I had them remove all the paint protection, markups and all the other crap they try to tack on. The fact that they were not charging a "Market Adjustment" and were willing to deal was surprising when the others wouldn't budge on what they had on the lot.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I work with car dealers a lot on the financing side, and Step One is one of the better dealers to work with. Usually pretty nice guys and better prices than most around here. Granted, that doesn't mean a ton when you have arse-hole scam artists like Sansing and Hill Kelly as your competition that make it easy to look good.

Coomer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you happen to stop by Mckenzie’s GMC at Dogwood? I think they sold themselves to that Step One Auto group.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Pensacola Honda is also Step One. I asked them who Step One was. I didn't get a clear understanding. Other than Sansing and Alan Turner I don't know who isn't Step One in Car City. I prefer not dealing with conglomerates and monopolies.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Step One should be paying royalties for ripping off the song from Kevin Bacon's "Footloose" movie.

As for the used car market, I saw online today this "pre-owned" 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT at (Step One) Crestview Ford. Owned for about 3 weeks and with 14 miles on it, kinda makes one wonder if they just bought it up to relist it as used and at about 2K over MSRP.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Pensacola Honda is also Step One. I asked them who Step One was. I didn't get a clear understanding. Other than Sansing and Alan Turner I don't know who isn't Step One in Car City. I prefer not dealing with conglomerates and monopolies.
    MOB-nopoly. Ya don't mess with da family...

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Step One should be paying royalties for ripping off the song from Kevin Bacon's "Footloose" movie.

As for the used car market, I saw online today this "pre-owned" 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT at (Step One) Crestview Ford. Owned for about 3 weeks and with 14 miles on it, kinda makes one wonder if they just bought it up to relist it as used and at about 2K over MSRP.

Kenny Loggins wrote the song. He did a lot of 80s movies theme songs/soundtracks. I always thought it was close myself. Could have gotten permission, but I doubt it.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Step one auto is LLC Corp owners in Miami all Latin sounding names from Florida corporate website.
    Might be a way to launder some $$$$, taking a page from how Miami grow so fast in the early 80's or NYC in the late 50's and 60's
    But can't overcome the stigma of "used case salesmen"
    I think they are ranked in public trust right along side lawyers and politicians

Top Bottom