• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    North S.R. County. 9 hours now with no power. Per the EREC web site, 10,xxx of their 12,xxx customers without power and no power has been restored. No fiber optic either. My off grid electric and batteries are working fine. Not much sun, but I’m getting 2-3 hundred watts of solar coming in. No 240 volt equipment can be run, but all 120 volt stuff can be run.
    Great live drill.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never lost power today, but I know that there are a ton of people out there who are being told it will be a week or more before they are back on.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My power went off somewhere between 3:3-4am in pace Florida. Came back on at 6am, but some people in same neighborhood went hours longer. apparently different segment of the road receive power from different sources. Since I knew there was going to be thunder, Ms Piggy that does not like thunder got let in for night. He pup that is not little named little guy as a joke stayed outside and his older half sister that has an E-color for the moment also got to stay inside. No damage to property. I only keep two automatic backup lighting for house. I have a generator, but I only use that for a prolonged outage.
    For backup lighting one is a special bulb that stays on for while if the electric goes out and the second is a dedicated unit. It allows me to get more things going if needed.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The is supposed to be be a G4 solar storm event tonight through the week end. It is supposed to be clear from 9PM to midnight for viewing an aurora.

Hopefully no power outages.

RaySendero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very first sign of first hurricane:
    I fill two 5 gallons of non-ethanol gas, fill all vehicles up, fill 3 propane cylinders, stock up on batteries and drinking water.
    I'll check chainsaw, charge the USB backup recharger, get my tarps and pads from attic I use to pad glass and cover my truck from hail and do any temporary roof repairs.

If I looks like its going to hit us:
    I'll send wife inland to stay with her sister, cover the truck, fill bath tubs with water before lose power.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Friend watching my place spent the night there to calm the wife’s little Pomeranian and cat that were terrified by the storm taking out trees, power lines and the greenhouse. She said power came back on afte midnight after getting knocked out around 3:00 AM.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Very first sign of first hurricane:
    I fill two 5 gallons of non-ethanol gas, fill all vehicles up, fill 3 propane cylinders, stock up on batteries and drinking water.
    I'll check chainsaw, charge the USB backup recharger, get my tarps and pads from attic I use to pad glass and cover my truck from hail and do any temporary roof repairs.

If I looks like its going to hit us:
    I'll send wife inland to stay with her sister, cover the truck, fill bath tubs with water before lose power.
    You can save a step by purchasing the Energizer Ultimate Lithium or similar batteries, they last for 25+ years so... as Forrest Gump says

Attachments

• 62349171-2580089773.jpg
      62349171-2580089773.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 6

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Friend watching my place spent the night there to calm the wife’s little Pomeranian and cat that were terrified by the storm taking out trees, power lines and the greenhouse. She said power came back on afte midnight after getting knocked out around 3:00 AM.
    There was a tornado up that way. https://weartv.com/news/local/nws-m...pacted-munson-fl-during-friday-morning-storms

NWS confirms tornado hit Santa Rosa, Okaloosa counties during Friday morning storms​

by Joseph Neubauer
    Sat, May 11th 2024 at 8:52 AM
    Updated Sat, May 11th 2024 at 9:43 AM

1715488306148.png

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m looking at (finally) adding a quality flashlight to my kit this year. I’ve got a Maglite, but looking rechargeable and way brighter.
    Thinking Fenix PD36R.

What do you fellas run for lights ??
    I have three Streamlights, two rechargeable (Stinger and Strion) and one AAA powered. I have a little crappy Motorola that recharges via USB and a super bright Malkoff Hound Dog. My big win in lighting this year is the Duracell rechargeable lantern I picked up at Costco for less than $30. Super bright and the lowest setting was enough to provide usable light for the fire circle at the last campout for 14 hours with more than half a charge left.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m looking at (finally) adding a quality flashlight to my kit this year. I’ve got a Maglite, but looking rechargeable and way brighter.
    Thinking Fenix PD36R.

What do you fellas run for lights ??
    I really really like my Fenix flashlight and headlight (both no longer sold but you can find equivalent models). Both use magnetic rechargers and can be recharged off a solar cell fueled power bank. I also keep a ton of those cheap single AA flashlights all over the house and in my vehicles.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom