• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spotlighters got one or more bucks on my property. I heard a dozen or more shots from different directions but assumed my neighbors were taking out the coyotes on their property. The spotlighters must have shot from my driveway. Bad enough to spotlight but they just hacked the antlers off and left the buck. I know there were 5 deer down near the road as I had watched two bucks spar with my thermal about an hour before the shooting.
    607A6086-B1BF-4BAB-97DF-AB957F604310.jpeg
    A2E6F12D-EAEE-410A-A55A-1FA3BD02B4B7.jpeg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    They'll be back. Get a radio control gate and several high resolution game cameras to cover the driveway from multiple angles. Get some motion detectors on the driveway that sound the alarm inside your house... then once they're far enough down your driveway (known by tripping the second or third motion detector) you hit the button to close your gate and call the law

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I removed all but one entrance to my farm , you have to come out the same way you went in. I’m not sure what I would do if I caught any one spotlighting deer on my drive way , but I am sure they wouldn’t like it. The sheriff has deputized most of the farm owners in my neck of the woods so that we can legally detain trespassers until a uniformed deputy can respond and transport them to the jail for processing. I think that those things have made most poachers seek other areas to poach.

sparky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You live on a farm, take care of the problem yourself and fertilize one of your fields at the same time.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    You live on a farm, take care of the problem yourself and fertilize one of your fields at the same time.
    That may have worked back before DNA and K9 units but not anymore. Go play stupid games and win stupid prizes somewhere else. Deer isn't worth spending your whole life behind bars, especially when up to that point you were in the right and all you had to do was report the incident. Point in fact is that true story where the guy woodchipped somebody into the river! Years later they still convicted him. Then there was the true story about the guy that buried somebody 50 feet under a compost pile... and even then in a shaft off to the side. Still found the body. Still convicted. Then there was the true story where they were able to prove a death without even having a body just because the lady had dropped off of social media after having been legit addicted to her phone. Convicted her husband, all the same, even without a body. How about just not killing anybody and if you do then making sure first that it's justified and then reporting it. Live life with a clean conscious

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-000627_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20220118-000627_Chrome.jpg
      354.4 KB · Views: 64
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Deputizing the landowner AFTER a small class or fairly comprehensive briefing,to me,is the way to go.
    Making sure that this is spread over all social media by the sheriff of the county would be a huge plus.
    Landowners MUST protect their own property,structures,livestock,and other assets on their property.
    One way in/out is another great idea. Bad guys absolutely hate this. A remote controlled gate or an old farm truck or tractor blocking this ent/ext would be a game changer.
    Just consider that if they feel cornered they might be willing to fight. --- SAWMAN

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Where abouts in Darlington? I’ve got a place east through the woods off Morrison ln just over a few miles away at most… there’s a Padgett boy I’ve squared off with once or twice and this seems like his MO… btw, love that Fullers Grocery, all the stuff of a super Walmart jammed inside a circle k size bldg…

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Definitely, diligence is warranted when confronting someone . However , someone is illegally on your property , armed, and letting of rounds in the middle of the night ? An armed trespasser? Make sure your property is posted with signs . Even easements or any other means of entrance maybe . There has to be no doubt about trespassing if an unfortunate event happens . I know on Eglin that signs have to be posted a certain amount of space apart as well as showing if an area is closed on the map . Stay safe . I hope the SOB’s are caught and charged fully under the law . Good luck .

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About a mile northeast of Fullers on 2 E. I bought some stuff in Fullers today, great place to have close by. We love the area but you have bad apples everywhere. We had some friends camp with us this weekend before the nasty weather hit and they said a loud vehicle was driving around their campers before dawn. I doubled my cameras today and ordered some more. Hopefully, whoever is trespassing will get caught on one of them. I saw this former 8 point on one of my cameras two nights after the poaching. I wonder if they shot off his antler?
    Where abouts in Darlington? I’ve got a place east through the woods off Morrison ln just over a few miles away at most… there’s a Padgett boy I’ve squared off with once or twice and this seems like his MO… btw, love that Fullers Grocery, all the stuff of a super Walmart jammed inside a circle k size bld EBDB7F29-F5C2-4E1A-97BA-80256010A0D7.jpeg

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Deputizing the landowner AFTER a small class or fairly comprehensive briefing,to me,is the way to go.
    Making sure that this is spread over all social media by the sheriff of the county would be a huge plus.
    Landowners MUST protect their own property,structures,livestock,and other assets on their property.
    One way in/out is another great idea. Bad guys absolutely hate this. A remote controlled gate or an old farm truck or tractor blocking this ent/ext would be a game changer.
    Just consider that if they feel cornered they might be willing to fight. --- SAWMAN

But then you have liability concerns and post certificates and other training concerns. If you have to shoot someone in self defense it is better to be a regular citizen.

Top Bottom