• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wouldnt say it gets my blood flowing but I came across this guy the other day. Some bits of truth here and it made me laugh. I know, rap sucks but figured id share if someone can get a laugh out of it.

Warning: Lot of crude language

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    What could go wrong with that shooting position. I would practice that with an airsoft gun.
    View attachment 113281
    vs
    View attachment 113282
    The important part is train until you get it right and continue to train until you cant get it wrong. It amazes me how so many people bitch about the price of ammo now when it just proves they weren't actually training because it takes 1000's of rounds to train effectively . People training stayed stocked up. A lot of us enjoyed doing this on the weekends a few times a year when you could get most calibers at $250 a 1k. Most training classes wanted 1k rds. rifle and 500-1k rds. pistol depending on the instructor. Now you've got 50 rd. training videos. SMH. Poor old guy forgot to shut the cylinder on his 44 magnum. STILL, PLEASE DONT SHOOT YOUR TOE OFF. IF YOU DO STOP FIRING.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The important part is train until you get it right and continue to train until you cant get it wrong. It amazes me how so many people bitch about the price of ammo now when it just proves they weren't actually training because it takes 1000's of rounds to train effectively . People training stayed stocked up. A lot of us enjoyed doing this on the weekends a few times a year when you could get most calibers at $250 a 1k. Most training classes wanted 1k rds. rifle and 500-1k rds. pistol depending on the instructor. Now you've got 50 rd. training videos. SMH. Poor old guy forgot to shut the cylinder on his 44 magnum. STILL, PLEASE DONT SHOOT YOUR TOE OFF. IF YOU DO STOP FIRING.
    It is shut after looking closer, love the blueing on the old S&W. Like a mirror.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is shut after looking closer, love the blueing on the old S&W. Like a mirror.
    That is Elmer Keith and not just any old guy. Fellow could kill critters at several hundred yards. He was unofficially considered the father of the .44 magnum, but of course others were involved.

For training the people I follow for close range gunfighting recommend a lot of dry fire as a way of conserving ammo. It has its place for sure, so does air soft. I do have ammo.
    For lying on your back and other low positions there are places and times for doing that, especially for ambushes when fighting in structures. It is important to realize that other people may use it against you.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    That is Elmer Keith and not just any old guy. Fellow could kill critters at several hundred yards. He was unofficially considered the father of the .44 magnum, but of course others were involved.

For training the people I follow for close range gunfighting recommend a lot of dry fire as a way of conserving ammo. It has its place for sure, so does air soft. I do have ammo.
    For lying on your back and other low positions there are places and times for doing that, especially for ambushes when fighting in structures. It is important to realize that other people may use it against you.
    My apologies for not recognizing his picture. I have read a lot about him and he was undoubtedly the driving force in the development of the 357, 41, and 44 magnums. He has my full respect. I wasnt really focused on the individual, at 1st glance it appeared you could see through the frame because of the reflection. I fully agree on training from just about any position. The whole premise of self defense is avoiding getting shot yourself and you never know what position that may put you in. As far as the ammo, it bothers me as much or more than most because we did these types of events with friends and family, not anymore.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My apologies for not recognizing his picture. I have read a lot about him and he was undoubtedly the driving force in the development of the 357, 41, and 44 magnums. He has my full respect. I wasnt really focused on the individual, at 1st glance it appeared you could see through the frame because of the reflection. I fully agree on training from just about any position. The whole premise of self defense is avoiding getting shot yourself and you never know what position that may put you in. As far as the ammo, it bothers me as much or more than most because we did these types of events with friends and family, not anymore.
    Heartily agree with not getting shot. Most of the self defense training that I have taken does not teach retreat and it almost always is only attack. I wish more trainers would teach that aspect of self defense.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heartily agree with not getting shot. Most of the self defense training that I have taken does not teach retreat and it almost always is only attack. I wish more trainers would teach that aspect of self defense.
    I would agree that retreat is always the best option (it'd save a lot of legal fees) but I would also think that when you realize you're in a tight spot, it's probably too late to haul ass.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would agree that retreat is always the best option (it'd save a lot of legal fees) but I would also think that when you realize you're in a tight spot, it's probably too late to haul ass.
    What is generally taught is to enter a hostile scenario to shoot one target after another. I never saw a scenario where you retreated to a safer position. If you have cover you shoot from it to advance to another position always in pursuit of multiple adversaries. Retreat is never an option.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Wouldnt say it gets my blood flowing but I came across this guy the other day. Some bits of truth here and it made me laugh. I know, rap sucks but figured id share if someone can get a laugh out of it.

Warning: Lot of crude language

That is some funny stuff. I needed that! Thanks

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Retreat most certainly is a viable option and is definitely on the table if for whatever reason you have found that you have bitten off more than you can chew. Call it a "tactical withdrawal" or whatever else you want to call it to make yourself feel better at the end of the day. Your mission, your job, your obligation to your family and men is to NOT die for your country. Sooner or later in any fight you will have to break contact, whether the other side is done dying or not

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    What is generally taught is to enter a hostile scenario to shoot one target after another. I never saw a scenario where you retreated to a safer position. If you have cover you shoot from it to advance to another position always in pursuit of multiple adversaries. Retreat is never an option.
    "Movement is life." "Shoot, Move, Communicate." "Get off the X." "Doorways are kill zones." "I'm up, they see me, I'm down.'' All the ditties to remember to involve movement, to un-plant your feet, to not freeze up.... to go from cover to cover seeking a "safer position" and not give the enemy the opportunity to kill you
    Screenshot_20210321-004028_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Movement is life." "Shoot, Move, Communicate." "Get of the X." "Doorways are kill zones." "I'm up, they see me, I'm down.'' All the ditties to remember to involve movement, to un-plant your feet, to not freeze up.... to go from cover to cover seeking a "safer position" and not give the enemy the opportunity to kill you
    If you are on the X, yes move. But if you are not on the X it depends. ambushes are good, especially from good cover when you know the terrain. Visible movement across open spaces will attract fire and put you on the X.
    A real problem is how to deal with multiple flanking adversaries that know your position that are providing coordinated cover fire as they advance towards you.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If you are on the X, yes move. But if you are not on the X it depends. ambushes are good, especially from good cover when you know the terrain. Visible movement across open spaces will attract fire and put you on the X.
    A real problem is how to deal with multiple flanking adversaries that know your position that are providing coordinated cover fire as they advance towards you.
    Never go toe to toe with a superior force. The above "real problem" is when you drop the pack, stash the rifle, melt away into the general population and walk not run (the French Resistance, the VC, etc.) and yes, I've done this particular maneuver before and I'm still here to tell about it. On the other hand... All sorts of reports of downed pilots and escaped convicts and spies finding themselves on the wrong end of a big manhunt with just a sidearm, going to ground and living by holing up in a ditch or culvert or outbuildings or CIA safe houses, etc. and specifically not running for several days until the "multiple flanking adversaries" lose interest. Yep, just depends. There'll be a whole lot of praying and swearing, either way

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never go toe to toe with a superior force. The above "real problem" is when you drop the pack, stash the rifle, melt away into the general population and walk not run (the French Resistance, the VC, etc.) and yes, I've done this particular maneuver before and I'm still here to tell about it. On the other hand... All sorts of reports of downed pilots and escaped convicts and spies finding themselves on the wrong end of a big manhunt with just a sidearm, going to ground and living by holing up in a ditch or culvert or outbuildings or CIA safe houses, etc. and specifically not running for several days until the "multiple flanking adversaries" lose interest. Yep, just depends. There'll be a whole lot of praying and swearing, either way
    Rudolph had some help we think and at least people looked the other way and did not report him. He was caught going through a dumpster looking for food by a local LEO.
    There is Eric Rudolph: Eric Robert Rudolph (born September 19, 1966), also known as the Olympic Park Bomber, is an American terrorist convicted for a series of bombings across the southern United States between 1996 and 1998, which killed two people and injured over 100 others,[1][2] including the Centennial Olympic Park bombing at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta. For five years, Rudolph was listed as one of the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives until he was caught in 2003.

Latest posts

Top Bottom