• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Having a Scotch and water now, very little water, crushed ice. You know what it is like for 3 weeks never having another voice all day and night at home?? Wife has been in Houston for 3 weeks...LOL My Parrot and I have conversations!

Got a new cell phone had a razor flip phone the last 5 years and was paying like 65 a mo for the talk only service. So I went into the verizon store and said my bill is too high and I want a cheaper alternative. He said GREAT, yeah I bet!! Go on a $50 a month prepay no more than you use your phone and get unlimited talk, text, web and a new phone! I say is that a "smart phone"? he say no but almost and you can text, I say I have had a cell phone since 1985 or so, started w the bag phone and graduated to the Brick! have never sent a text or been on the web w one. Well for $80 a month you can get the same and a smart phone! Well old cheap me liking the $50 a month said not this will do! OK he was right it is not smart, but alot better than I had, opera mini web access whatever that is with twice the screen size for my old eyes and sent my first text...OMG!

I have been retired since '97 and since I don't work I felt like a business smart phone was too much $ to waste, but now for 50 a month for unlimited(old plan was 500 min a mo) and whatever else it does I don't feel too bad about spending less money for more than I had before. Did I tell you I sent my first text???LOL Now if they will raise my SS 30 a month I could get the "smart phone" next year!! Enjoy!

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Nicely done FrankT, I myself hate technology and upgrading. I like my old phone no matter what anyone says about it! Yes, it's a dumb phone. Glad to hear that your moving towards newer things!! Good thing about the internet you can always connect with someone, most of the time. Glad to hear that your Parrot was keeping you company. Next time tell someone, I'm sure there are guys in Destin that would enjoy having a drink with you!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Guys?? where are all those hot ladies???LOL hey I still have my dumb phone, just in case!

b747fp

Master
    Hold on guys, let me just go ahead and post this from my phone...........:whistle:

Good story non the less Frank

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I have a 17" laptop not that tiny 4" thing...LOL beside no driving and drinking!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    screw the phone BS...Thanks!

Top Bottom