• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got my first ones, .40 and .45, probably around 1990. I’ve found them to be handy. Got ‘em for .223 and .308 as well.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Since I started loading a lot of pistol ammo, specifically for competition, I gauge every round. I have found it is really important with range pickup 45 acp brass because I get about 1% or so that I have to run through my bulge buster die. I also have a gauge I run my 38 specials that I shoot in my revolvers through that checks for high primers.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    All good reasons above . If you shoot competition & have learned to hate alibis , cut one using same chamber reamer as your barrel . Pistols ultimate is pull , plunk & spin . You'll quickly figure out crimp / oal for each bullet you load for that barrel . Revolvers pretty much if it'll chamber & bullet is sized correctly . Gauges in theory let you load for a std chamber ( SAAMI ) in that caliber & may or may not work for custom & / or match chambers .

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have them and use them for 300BLK, 450Bushmaster,45-70,45-90Express,458Lott,38Super,and several others. I even have a couple for chamberings that I do not reload for. They are a "must have" for 50Beowulf and 458SOCOM. Handy for the 500S&W Mag also.
    I highly reccomend that you buy the slotted models. (But you knew that.)
    Mine are mostly the Sheridan brand.
    The pro's have one cut when they cut their chamber on their precission rifle. ---- SAWMAN

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have them and use them for 300BLK, 450Bushmaster,45-70,45-90Express,458Lott,38Super,and several others. I even have a couple for chamberings that I do not reload for. They are a "must have" for 50Beowulf and 458SOCOM. Handy for the 500S&W Mag also.
    I highly reccomend that you buy the slotted models. (But you knew that.)
    Mine are mostly the Sheridan brand.
    The pro's have one cut when they cut their chamber on their precission rifle. ---- SAWMAN
    The windows are a must have have for necked brass. This pic is of a no go reload.
    D358E211-5FC6-4BA8-8D96-63B313207B4D.jpeg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I use modified versions of them for rifle cases I size. I think most of them are Max gauges from Wilson rather than Min gauges.
    Mine have a mic thimble on the bottom so I know exactly where the headspace is. A couple of my rifle we made them ourselves with tha GO Gauge and the thimble off of another gauge and marked which to use.

Mo's Gauge

Top Bottom