• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Kygunco.com does not add sales tax, I just received my Tisa 45acp for the advertised price of $329.99 with free shipping, arrived to my local FFL in 3 days, and this was a cracking deal!!
    Hmm, I wonder how they get away with that? I thought it was up to the state and the shops had to comply.
    I’ve gotten several good deals in the past from Kentucky Gun but it’s been a while.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hmm, I wonder how they get away with that? I thought it was up to the state and the shops had to comply.
    I’ve gotten several good deals in the past from Kentucky Gun but it’s been a while.
    Off topic but where's the "tax" money going then that we're paying?? If some are charging and some are not?

AOCMCMC

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Having worked part time in both mom & pop LGS and a pawnshop the two are really different business models. In used guns the PS generally has the better deals. In my experience most PS customers expect to haggle on price. When making an offer have cash in hand and be prepared to take it with you then. That was our preferred method. I Ideally PS make their money on interest, retail sales are a by product of the business. In the LGS, rarely did we make $50 on a new gun. Then everyone wanted top $ on a trade in. The small shops generally do not have the buying power to deal directly with manufacturer for volume or MAP pricing. They are dealing with wholesalers who make their cut. If one of our supplier’s offered a good deal you could usually bet it was a slow moving or odd item.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When all of the local gun shops are gone because of the lack of business, don't whine about it. There are some that I am not a fan of, some that I am indifferent about and a few that I genuinely like. Prices are fair and usually close to others when you take into account additional fees for background checks and sometimes shipping. Anything I have ever wanted that they do not have on the shelf, they have always been happy to order and almost always are under MSRP while usually knocking off another 10% for a cash discount. Now I am not saying that I do not buy online at all, but it is usually an out of production item or something that is in high demand and can not be found just anywhere. Find a shop that have people you like, build a relationship and spend a little money with the shop if you want them there long term. Personally I am willing to spend a little more to keep the money local and my favorite FFL in business. Walmart, Academy and BassPro do not count.
    Basspro, MSRP plus 15%? Walmart sells guns? I think I saw a single shot there before. And that’s if there’s someone to show it to you! And good ole Academy. I eat at places around that place and don’t even waste time going in. But they will give you $15 off first purchase if you get their credit card issued by Comenity Bank
    out of Columbus Ohio, possibly the most corrupt bank in the US! If this can save one person from getting ripped off by this criminal enterprise, then this wasted time posting this will be worth it! If you get bored, research them.
    Also, go to the OHIO AG’s web site and see the complaints but they won’t do anything about it! Likely a campaign contributor!

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don't get how pawn shops stay open, it sure isn't by selling any of the stuff they've taken in on pawn...not just guns, everything is always over priced. I don't step foot in Jays, I know they have a good selection but I've heard enough stories and seen their stuff at the gun shows to know they aren't for me. I like Grey Man but he doesn't have a large inventory. Gulf Coast Gun is pretty good it seems like to me, big inventory and the prices are fairly decent.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What shop(s) in the local area (say, Pensacola to Ft Walton) are worth visiting for new and/or used guns?

Regarding sales tax, at least up to a few weeks ago I was able to buy firearms without paying sales tax (Locked & Loaded in January and The Modern Sportsman late last month), but the list of sites is getting shorter. I have no idea as to how they can still do it.
    The only local gun shop I trust and shop in is Jimmy's Pawn and Gun in FWB. I've always found them to have fair prices comparable with what I could find online at Buds Gunshop. I pretty much stick to those two and GCGF when it comes to buyig guns.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Gun shops in NW FL can be hit and miss when it comes to decent prices and knowledgeable sales people. Like some, I do much of my gun buying online as I find better prices. I also prefer to deal with private individuals as many a good deal can be made. I have, however, bought some firearms from local gun shops that cost me less than it would have to order and pay shipping and sales taxes. About the only time I need to engage a sales person is when I need to see something in a case. I research the guns I am interested in, so I do not need to inquire about any info from a sales person.

I will add this. I was in Mike's a few months ago doing a transfer with another member from Alabama. I was looking in the gun case as some SIGs. They had two I had been wanting. One was a SIG SAUER Spectre Comp was at a price that was the same as one retailer I like to use and the other (SIG SAUER P226 ZEV) was $200 off of retail. It was a good day.

I have also been to Grey Man Armory and Gulf Coast Guns and had good experiences at both. Grey Man sells at reasonable prices, but Gun Coast can be a bit too high unless they are running a sale and then the prices are about what they should be selling for. I recently bought a Glock 47 from them and It cost me less than it would have if I had ordered it from my favorite online retailer. On top of that, they installed a set of sights on my SIG P320 M18 at no charge. I bought a set of Ameriglo sights for my Glock 47 from Grey Man and they were more than $30 less than what I could have ordered them for and got them installed for free.

It just pays to be educated and knowledgeable as to what you buy and where.

Top Bottom