Please reply by conversation.

chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Price
    Item Location
    fort walton beach
    Let me answer a few questions right off the bat to save both of us some time. Please read below before contacting me.

1) No, I have never shot this gun so I don't know what the point of impact is or how many rounds have been down the barrel or the lbs required to pull the trigger.
    2) I have no idea who owned it before me or what they may have refinished, repaired or modified. You figure that out when you look it over.
    3) I can answer questions you may have but I will not spend the day measuring shit and then waiting for your severely delayed response.
    4) I will not hold the gun for you...First come first serve, cash only. If you are not available to pick it up then don't tell me you want it till you are available.
    5) I do not require a bill of sale because I actually believe in the 2nd Amendment and private sales in FL are legal and PRIVATE. But if you show up with a thug attitude, sideways ball cap and calling my gun a "gat" then it will most likely have already been sold.
    6) You will have to drive to me, for the price I'm asking I will not spend additional money on gas. I'm available in FWB in the mornings before work and weekends, otherwise in Valparaiso at my workplace during the weekdays and evenings. I own my own business so guns are allowed and encouraged in my workplace.
    7) I am firm on my price. However, if it does not sell in a 3-5 days then I may lower the price until I find a buyer. If you want it now then pay my asking price, otherwise roll the dice and wait a few days for me to possibly lower the price.
    8) I will not ship so don't even ask.
    9) If this ad is not marked as SOLD then the gun is still available.
    10) I'm not an asshole, I'm just tired of wasting time with "tire kickers" !

Now with all that out of the way look over the pics and you decide. The best way to reach me is by text 850-685-1900. If you email me through this forum it may be some time before I respond and it may be sold.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
      IMG_0372.JPG
      332.7 KB · Views: 57
    • IMG_0373.JPG
      IMG_0373.JPG
      338 KB · Views: 56
    • IMG_0374.JPG
      IMG_0374.JPG
      238.7 KB · Views: 53
    • IMG_0375.JPG
      IMG_0375.JPG
      237.1 KB · Views: 49
    • IMG_0376.JPG
      IMG_0376.JPG
      195.6 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_0377.JPG
      IMG_0377.JPG
      241.4 KB · Views: 50
    • IMG_0378.JPG
      IMG_0378.JPG
      173.2 KB · Views: 45
    • IMG_0379.JPG
      IMG_0379.JPG
      204.7 KB · Views: 42
    • IMG_0380.JPG
      IMG_0380.JPG
      245.3 KB · Views: 48
    Last edited:

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Bump for a terrific historical revolver and a seller with the same great perspective that I have.
    I own a couple of these. They’re are accurate, fun and very shootable with LOW PRESSURE 45 ACP. And from the pics, this one looks in good shape with lanyard ring intact (often missing).
    Someone is going to have loads of fun with a weapon that may have “gone over the top” in a WWI trench.

Last edited:

chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bump for a terrific historical revolver and a seller with the same great perspective that I have.
    I own a couple of these. They’re are accurate, fun and very shootable with low pressure 45 ACP. And from the pics, this one looks in good shape with lanyard ring intact (often missing).
    Someone is going to have loads of fun with a weapon that may have “gone over the top” in a WWI trench.
    Thank you....This is not my first rodeo ;)

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Tige, can you expand a little more on the low pressure ammo part? Is it not safe to fire factory hardball or hollow points through this revovler?

Tige

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    It is a Mark VI if I read the photos correctly.
    My understanding is that the Webley 455 is rated for 6 tons pressure. 12,000 pounds?

Tige

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Any moon clips with this? You will need new clips to load and fire. They’re in expensive, but necessary

Spreewerke

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That screenshot is gonna scare off some potential buyers from this thread I bet ….

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    A beautiful classic Webley! Even commercial production Webleys had a good chance of being used during the World Wars, as it was fairly common for soldiers (especially officers) to bring personal weapons. The fact that it was converted to .45acp seems more likely for war time use, for the availability of ammunition. That said, it probably would not be a good candidate for firing that .45 super ammunition that another member has for sale, with that custom 1911, lol.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    That screenshot is gonna scare off some potential buyers from this thread I bet ….
    Yeah, that wasn't my intention. These are fine pieces of history that should still be appreciated and I don't want to dissuade buyers.

Edit: deleted the screenshot. However, anyone wanting to shoot should definitely read that posted thread! DO NOT shoot factory loads in these, that's basically a Webley proof load that has then been +P'ed lol

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A beautiful classic Webley! Even commercial production Webleys had a good chance of being used during the World Wars, as it was fairly common for soldiers (especially officers) to bring personal weapons. The fact that it was converted to .45acp seems more likely for war time use, for the availability of ammunition. That said, it probably would not be a good candidate for firing that .45 super ammunition that another member has for sale, with that custom 1911, lol.
    Vast majority of these revolvers were converted commercially post war for export to US market, where .45 ACP was a standard pistol cartridge. British never adopted .45 ACP webleys for use, and replaced the Webley with .38/200 US revolvers and the Enfield No 2 in .38S&W

chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There are 4-5 half moon clips with the gun and I too have read that you do not want to shoot +P 45 ammo. However, I also read about one guy that has shot thousands or round of modern 45 acp through his skimmed webley with no issues...I'm selling the gun for what it is and it is a really nice old WWI British Mark VI pattern military weapon that you could shoot with the proper ammo. Also, comes with a zippered case ;)

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Tige, can you expand a little more on the low pressure ammo part? Is it not safe to fire factory hardball or hollow points through this revovler?
    I've heard from several sources over 20 years that regular ball ammo 45ACP is too hot for these Webleys. I've owned a couple Webleys over the years, and stuck with the 38 calibers just because of this. Should be a great gun with the low power "low recoil" defense loads in 45ACP

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom