• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    This is my group from arizona. Most of the state is public land so you can literally just pull off the highway and start shooting. The last picture is one of my daughters. She likes to shoot too

Nice!!

Unfortunately we don't have this ability in the SE, as far as random public access that is.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Here are some older pics of my set up, but you get the idea... I have 63 acres off the beaten path and lease an adjoining 110...

300 yard platform

200 yard platform

515 yard back stop

If I have to move out, this is in the back of my truck

Berm, I can spread those out and get twelve on line comfortably, plenty of room to move in all directions

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Is there any place that's open enough to just drive up and start shooting? I train alot and have been training in bounding, combat medical, escape and evade tactics, moving and shooting, and various other drills like shooting 2 targets and sprinting about 100 yards and making a 300+ yard shot while controlling your breathing. I really don't shoot for fun anymore and a range with lanes or a bench to shoot from would feel like a waste of my time and money.
    @mrjenkins Buy me a few cases of beer and I'll let you shoot at my place lol.

Btw, My sis in law lives in Crestview and my wife's from there. Some crazies out that way, but also some good ppl too.

mrjenkins

Expert

This is one of the drills we thought up

We had a training room at the job I worked at just before we came to FL. this was one of the simulations

Beached

Expert
    Look what happened during Katrina an armored vehicle pulls up in your driveway with an M2 and full battle dress soldiers. To check on your welfare and remove any guns they find on the premises. And most never got them back and if things continue the state and feds will pull back no profit in staying then you will have roving gangs of fifty or more. Pray they don’t know you have a stash of food and guns.

mrjenkins

Expert
    Look what happened during Katrina an armored vehicle pulls up in your driveway with an M2 and full battle dress soldiers. To check on your welfare and remove any guns they find on the premises. And most never got them back and if things continue the state and feds will pull back no profit in staying then you will have roving gangs of fifty or more. Pray they don’t know you have a stash of food and guns.
    I'd have been killed because I'd have opened fire on them. That's probably the most or close to it unconstitutional thing I've ever heard. The thought of that gets me boiling. If you allow them to take your guns when you need them most then your part of the problem in this country. Times like that it's your DUTY to rebel

Last edited:

mrjenkins

Expert
    Just pulled this from google...
    According to the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, certain agencies confiscated firearms from citizens in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, in violation of the Second Amendment. These confiscations were carried out by force, including nonconsensual entries into private homes, traffic checkpoints, and stopping boats. The act prohibits federal employees, state and local governments receiving federal funds, and other relief workers from confiscating firearms during certain national emergencies.

H.R. 5013 prohibits the confiscation of lawfully possessed firearms by an individual operating under the color of Federal law while acting in support of relief from a major disaster or emergency, unless the confiscation is otherwise permitted by law. Summary of the Legislation Section 1

wecanslide

Expert
    I lived in Las Vegas for 10+ years and New Mexico for 4. Shooting here is vastly different from what we are used to. To do any real fun or practical training you need a private range. Most of the public ranges here are only good for me sight in your weapons. We have to pay to use them and have them monitor your rate of fire.

When I lived on the edge of Las Cruces, I could hop on my dirt bike with a backpack full of guns and pop off anywhere I wanted into the desert 10-15 minutes from my house.

I've been looking around online a bit and I'm a little upset about that. It seems to be only laned ranges and they all seem (pay to enter). Not interested in that kind of shooting. Sadly I came from a state where you can just pull over out in the desert and start shooting however you want and it is open desert for tens or hundreds of miles. Nobody around whatsoever. The only times I have ever shot at a pay to enter range was for my DPS issued guard cards and I got to shoot in said lane, ammo provided with a 2 days worth of pay to qualify.

mrjenkins

Expert
    That's pretty unfortunate but it is what it is. I'll figure something out. I live on a little bit of land. Maybe I'll get a couple suppressors and shoot on my land.

mrjenkins

Expert
    If we get past the rule of law, then really cops will just be another armed gang. As long as we aren't Somalia, I feel pretty good about my chances of them being followed the vast majority of the time.
    They already are and have been for quite some time

wecanslide

Expert
    Absolutely surprised by the amount of people who think otherwise. I don't want to start a debate, because I haven't studied numbers enough to back it up. But I am a law abiding citizen and have a huge distaste for law enforcement. I am skeptical with every encounter, and just about every encounter they give me another reason to be. I'm sure some are fine, but I do not trust a single one of them.
    They already are and have been for quite some time

wecanslide

Expert
    I've seen the YouTube channel of the dude in khakis. He's young and says he works in a gun store but has a shit load of high end weapons.

This is my group from arizona. Most of the state is public land so you can literally just pull off the highway and start shooting. The last picture is one of my daughters. She likes to shoot too

mrjenkins

Expert
    I've seen the YouTube channel of the dude in khakis. He's young and says he works in a gun store but has a shit load of high end weapons.
    Yeah, mudgunner. He's a nice guy. He works at arizona firearms in tempe. I've shot with him several times. There is another youtuber Spartain117gw. I worked with him. He's a selfish idiot.

mrjenkins

Expert
    Absolutely surprised by the amount of people who think otherwise. I don't want to start a debate, because I haven't studied numbers enough to back it up. But I am a law abiding citizen and have a huge distaste for law enforcement. I am skeptical with every encounter, and just about every encounter they give me another reason to be. I'm sure some are fine, but I do not trust a single one of them.
    Me too man, me too

Top Bottom