So my dad gave me this ballistic vest...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    My dad gave me this vest for helping him out with some hurricane clean up. Noticed the big ol popo patch across the chest. Is this legal to wear with that patch on it? It looks like it is built into the vest to me.

Attachments

• 20201018_222112.jpg
      20201018_222112.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 129

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I wouldn't wear it in public. More black and white than grey on this one. Then again there are t shirts that are worse. Hate to get an impersonation charge, especially if you carry.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The fact that it's an armored vest has nothing to do with the legality of wearing the patch. Sportsman's Guide sells tons of foreign uniform items with POLICE or COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER emblazoned across them without any kind of warning or impersonation worries.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    So, that’s a concealable carrier, primarily meant to be worn under clothing. And it sucks. Also check the dates on it, the soft plates are probably expired.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's been a few Cases tossed out of Court and other convicted. Wearing a Label like Police, SWAT, FBI or ARMY is the same as Nike. There's probably a million NYPD hats on the street, well; until the protests riots started: no issues.

The legal problems come from a person's actions presenting himself as a Cop: directing traffic, pulling over another vehicle, or secondary indicators CCW Badge, police lights on POV. Being it's on an exposed black ballistic or stab Vest, it could fall into that category because people commonly assume a LE hard badge or badge patch is behind the vest. Failure to deny your LE when you are asked if your acop can get you too. Wear it for a gun buy and ask for ID: hmmmm. I wouldn't.

Though also Lawful placed in you vehicle, it would draw attention and questions if you were pulled over. Last point is if you're wearing it under a shirt/jacket and have a use of force incident: will a Procutor play the "wannabes cop" card based on the vest: toward you motivation. Hell, cops get murderer labels from crap on AR dust cover! We've seen the Neighborhood Watch played adversely before. If you get charged with a crime you may pick up a second Charge or Sentence Enhancement for the Vest! Even those cute, funny or quirky patches LE special team commonly wore can be a liability just because some civ reads it and didn't like it enough to make a stink.

If it's already past exp date, keep it at home for nostalgia or a last ditch protection for someone that has nothing. Have a fresh dated vest/plates for use as desired.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's been a few Cases tossed out of Court and other convicted. Wearing a Label like Police, SWAT, FBI or ARMY is the same as Nike. There's probably a million NYPD hats on the street, well; until the protests riots started: no issues.

The legal problems come from a person's actions presenting himself as a Cop: directing traffic, pulling over another vehicle, or secondary indicators CCW Badge, police lights on POV. Being it's on an exposed black ballistic or stab Vest, it could fall into that category because people commonly assume a LE hard badge or badge patch is behind the vest. Failure to deny your LE when you are asked if your acop can get you too. Wear it for a gun buy and ask for ID: hmmmm. I wouldn't.

Though also Lawful placed in you vehicle, it would draw attention and questions if you were pulled over. Last point is if you're wearing it under a shirt/jacket and have a use of force incident: will a Procutor play the "wannabes cop" card based on the vest: toward you motivation. Hell, cops get murderer labels from crap on AR dust cover! We've seen the Neighborhood Watch played adversely before. If you get charged with a crime you may pick up a second Charge or Sentence Enhancement for the Vest! Even those cute, funny or quirky patches LE special team commonly wore can be a liability just because some civ reads it and didn't like it enough to make a stink.

If it's already past exp date, keep it at home for nostalgia or a last ditch protection for someone that has nothing. Have a fresh dated vest/plates for use as desired.
    'Hell, cops get murderer labels from crap on AR dust cover!'
    There was a little more to it than that

1603190588904.png

1603190648369.png

Just the fellow up above fired. The other four did not. The sergeant giving the commands quickly disappeared himself to Philippines

What went down.

Last edited:

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    'Hell, cops get murderer labels from crap on AR dust cover!'
    There was a little more to it than that

View attachment 95198
    View attachment 95199

Just the fellow up above fired. The other four did not. The sergeant giving the commands quickly disappeared himself to Philippines

What went down.

That piece of shit was a straight up murderer. The sergeant yelling should have been accessory to. It makes me sick that fucker was rehired, then given a full retirement for "PTSD". Dude was a trigger happy pussy that had no business being a cop. The grand jury must have been drunk not to indict his ass.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That piece of shit was a straight up murderer. The sergeant yelling should have been accessory to. It makes me sick that fucker was rehired, then given a full retirement for "PTSD". Dude was a trigger happy pussy that had no business being a cop. The grand jury must have been drunk not to indict his ass.
    I think Philip Brailsford must of had what was called a hook to have been hired in the first place. I doubt he would have been hired locally.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think Philip Brailsford must of had what was called a hook to have been hired in the first place. I doubt he would have been hired locally.
    Nepotism. Just knowing the good ol boys club can get you in anywhere. In the oilfield, to get the good jobs, it's not what you know, but WHO you know.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I really wanted this story to include some sort of if you wear it while I shoot it - then it’s yours. It would not be complete without the line “Hold my beer”

safetyfirst

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Look on the inside for a date. They are only good for like 10 or 15 years. How old is that one? If it's still good, put it in a new vest that multicam or something.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom