• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Have 0 as of today. What brands, models should I NOT look at? / stay away from? NOT A COLLECTOR, just a shooter. Tkx.
    Check out the PSA AK build kits. You can get a barreled action with bolt and all you need to add is a trigger and furniture. Pretty easy to put together and will let you make exactly what you want.

Apart from that, the best new AKs in the US are the non American ones. Zastavas, WASRs (NOT US century made ones, unless you want a grenade), and WBP Jack/Foxes.

Stay away from the Pioneer Arms polish imports. They are pulling a Springfield armoury by using a recognized name to sell lesser products. The Pioneer Arms polish guns are not the same Circle/WBP quality guns.

Check out Arms of America for the Polish imports, as those are probably the best there are right now for the price.

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    WASRs are all under $800 atm and the RH-10s are $606 brand new last i checked. PSA GF3 are decent. GF5s seem to hold up well. Zastava imports are in a weird place at the moment as far as being imported.

Arsenals quality has tanked sadly and WBPs are just better quality WASRs.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    People knock century arms, I got one of their AK63D underfolder. It has the thicker milled receiver built on i believe Yugo kits. And has a very nice aftermarket trigger in it.. When breaking it in, we got bored ringing my new ar500 gong at 120 yards and could see the center enamel was blown off, so we started shooting the edges that still had the yellow enamel on it. When we left, it was no longer yellow. Been perfect for years.

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    People knock century arms, I got one of their AK63D underfolder. It has the thicker milled receiver built on i believe Yugo kits.

100% Century made guns are the problem children (VSKA / RAS / C39 / BFT). Their kit builds (like your 63D) and the Romanian guns (WASR and Draco) are generally good to go. The 63D is a Hungarian kit build - Hungarian parts are generally very nice.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    100% Century made guns are the problem children (VSKA / RAS / C39 / BFT). Their kit builds (like your 63D) and the Romanian guns (WASR and Draco) are generally good to go. The 63D is a Hungarian kit build - Hungarian parts are generally very nice.
    This. Using properly made import parts are great. Parts made by century are a different story. There are loads of reports on 100% century made AKs catastrophically failing randomly.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Best mags?? Liking the info I'm reading on the DPMS AK. Plus would suit my odd weapon tastes to have a DPMS marked AK. Lol.
    i have pro mag [came with the weapon],xtec tactical[gunmagwarehouse] ,KCI gen 2 [ AKOU] ,P mag [LGS] all fit and feed with no problem ,all new no surplus /half metal ones and the other half are plastic .

Last edited:

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Best mags?? Liking the info I'm reading on the DPMS AK. Plus would suit my odd weapon tastes to have a DPMS marked AK. Lol.
    Commercial steel Bulgarian mags are great if you want new production, but I'd reach for Polish or Romanian surplus which you can catch for around the same price.

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For a non AK-ak SKS-D are nice, and any Chinese AK is a tank. Easy enough to deban a thumbhole sporter, Slr93,95 any of the older milled arsenals. And depends what cal you want. For 556 a Galil parts build wouldn’t have to break the bank but a preban may. Sell some space gunz and get a nice one but these days that’s 1-1.5k.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    For a non AK-ak SKS-D are nice, and any Chinese AK is a tank. Easy enough to deban a thumbhole sporter, Slr93,95 any of the older milled arsenals. AMD65s are cool. And depends what cal you want. For 556 a Galil parts build wouldn’t have to break the bank but a preban may. Sell some View attachment 249502 View attachment 249503 space gunz and get a nice AK…
    We should get free galil or AK for our donations...

Top Bottom