• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone else needing some... from their site MidwayUSA is getting a shipment early next month. I was thinking about ordering a 1000 or 2 for me... the haz-mat fee makes it a bit expensive to order such a small amount. Is there a particular brand everyone likes? If we can come to a group "like" on brand then I will likely just order 5 or 10k and will distribute them to forum members at cost. I don't know about everyone else but small rifle (magnum I guess) are hard to find local around me........... looking at around 30-40 per 1k.... what do you guys think?

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You may want to check but bass pro shops in daphanie had pistol and small rifle last weekend, got a thousand of each...Chaos

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, yea ubers had at least 4 or 5 thousand small rifle primers last week thursday, not sure what they have now. Chaos

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll have to che k if I make it over to pcola this weekend...can't really justify the drive unless its pretty much a sure thing.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You may want to check but bass pro shops in daphanie had pistol and small rifle last weekend, got a thousand of each...Chaos

I was in Bass Pro this afternoon looking for primers. Zero, none, nada, of any size. 1lb of 4756 powder is all that was on the shelf.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The way I read their policy its 27.50 if you order 1000, 5000 or more as long as its one shipment.. they do limit it but I wasn't clear... I was thinking if just ordering 5 or 10k...if I could get them..no guarantee on that happening though...

I was looking at the CCI "military" primers ...they are showing an expected date about the second week of April.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have both CCI400 and CCI450's here. If anyone wants to borrow any and simply pay me back when you get yours..that could quite easily happen. --- SAWMAN

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman that is a very kind offer. I am going to shoot for ordering 5K (they do a limit of 1 order per person) I don't HAVE to have any ammo right now but i really WANT to have a good supply of primers for when I do need ammo.

neohornet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The way I read their policy its 27.50 if you order 1000, 5000 or more as long as its one shipment.. they do limit it but I wasn't clear... I was thinking if just ordering 5 or 10k...if I could get them..no guarantee on that happening though...

I was looking at the CCI "military" primers ...they are showing an expected date about the second week of April.

I believe that is the price per 70# of merchandise shipped.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yes but then they limit you to one per order and the biggest "1" is 5k primers so thats all I will be able to order. I will let you know if I spot them in stock so maybe a few others can get a few K

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am going to try to be an internet ninja around the time they are expecting them to come in... maybe I will be able to order some. Looks like a few others should try to since there seems to be more demand that I will be able to cover even if I get the order in.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I stopped by Gold Mine in Daphne on Sat and they had PLENTY of small rifle primers on hand. I purchased 2 cases of Rem 7 1/2's (for $35/case) and they had 2 LARGE boxes of Federal small rifle primers. I'm guessing those boxes held at least 10K primers each. They had a few other kinds, but I didn't pay attention to them once I saw the 7 1/2's. I know this might be a long drive for yall in PCola, but gas money might be less than the hazmat fee if someone drives over and buys a bunch for everyone over that way.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those giant Federal boxes still only hold 1k. It's a box of air for the most part.

I was there looking for large rifle and large pistol. All they had were Magnum in both types.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have pretty much faded over to using all "magnum" primers nowadays. I only reload large pistol so the CCI350's are recommended for lighting large quantities of H110. For the rifle I got tired of reading in some of the loading manuals how the magnum primers were recommended with certain powders. So.....thru the years,working up "new and better" loads I gradually switched over to the magnum primers. CCI450 and 250 is pretty much it.

Load data that calls for a standard primer gets reduced by 1/2 grain, however I usually find that I can come back up to the standard load using the mag primers without any pressure signs. It's all CCI for me accept for my big boomers which I use the Fed215's. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom