• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and get a trust done soon even though I won't be in the market for a suppressor or SBR for a while. Need to get it done before they change the "rules" on trusts.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's all official. Myself and wife are in the trust and had to have 2 witnesses along with my dollar bill. Trust is official. I scanned a copy of the trust to myself so I have a digital copy along with original in my safe at the house. Now I can go buy a suppressor or a SBR! That was too easy.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So was the silencerco trust pretty self explanatory? I need to do this soon too.

yes it was. So you go and purchase the trust and as soon as you buy it, they send you a link to your email. Click on said link and answer I think its 5-6 questions. Took all of 10 minutes. Then they send you another email with the completed trust. All you need is the people listed on the trust and your 2 witnesses to get it notarized. Then its complete and good to go. Too easy.

Doc

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't own a Silencer so don't know the process. I thought all you had to do was pay the $200 tax stamp and you were good. What else is involved?

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By the sounds of it this sounds like the simple trust - you and all you name are owners of the trust and can individually have the NFA item in your possession with a copy of the trust. If you and all co-owners die - those that you will the items too will have to either individually submit the forms and pay the $200 tax per item. Optionally their is what is called a generational trust - good for 300 years in which you name co-owners, executors and beneficiaries. Executors can be beneficiaries but with this trust you specify how you want to divide your NFA items. At the passing of all owners the executor follows the directions of the owners for division of the NFA items, the beneficiaries take immediate possession and no further taxes or paperwork required. At this point the beneficiaries become the owners of the trust and the trust is updated. Costs a little more, I paid $250 but their is a local attorney in town doing them and he maybe cheaper. Not much more difficult - than a simple trust to complete. I should add that all beneficiaries must be legally able to own the NFA item - 21 and no felonies. Trusts are not written in stone and can be modified, updated at any time.

Last edited:

bama fish head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for the late reply - been outta pocket for a while. Like crazydoc68 indicated, it was quick and super easy. Famine, I wasn't aware of several things in your note. I added my wife and all my kids to the trust. Youngest son is 10. I hope that's not a problem. I'm good on the beneficiaries.
    Again, sorry for the late response but life has a way of getting in the way sometimes.....

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sorry for the late reply - been outta pocket for a while. Like crazydoc68 indicated, it was quick and super easy. Famine, I wasn't aware of several things in your note. I added my wife and all my kids to the trust. Youngest son is 10. I hope that's not a problem. I'm good on the beneficiaries.
    Again, sorry for the late response but life has a way of getting in the way sometimes.....

It's ok to list kids under 21. They just can't accept said items until they reach age requirements.

Doc

Top Bottom