• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd give it a chance, would be interested to see how you could handle a weapon under those conditions

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Simunitions... Been in use for some time as a training aid. It is good if this new range is going to do real training with it - rather than making it an "entertainment venue".

Unlike paintball & airsoft - simunitions employs a true cartridge with a "marking projectile". Yes, it hurts at close range...

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know, I hadn't thought of it like that. I viewed it as just a different take on paintball or laser tag. But now that you mention it, yeah, it would be nice to see how you handle yourself under those conditions. It would also make it easier for you to train for a self defense situation. I can see how this would be useful for law enforcement to train for different situations as well.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I think we should for sure plan a group paintball day.( or what ever if price is comparable)
    Its now became more affordable.
    I doubt this other is affordable yet?
    Plus I would only be interested in entertainment portion i dont want any serious training, only fun time..

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've shot tons of sim rounds, that being said I remember a swat friend eating me up with a ump sim gun, welps all the way up my body. I don't see this working, one reason is because most people would rather be hit with a laser, or a water balloon, that a solid projectile moving at 6-800 fps. The other is the overhead in this venture would be astronomical, sim rounds ain't cheap and neither is the insurance that you will have to carry. It is ok training. I say just ok because the single most important thing in training can't be trained, the is mindset. You can talk about what you would do a thousand times, even practice with squirt guns. But when the shit hits the fan many that you think would stand and fight you will find sucking their thumbs in the fetal position. I've seen it first hand...

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've shot tons of sim rounds, that being said I remember a swat friend eating me up with a ump sim gun, welps all the way up my body. I don't see this working, one reason is because most people would rather be hit with a laser, or a water balloon, that a solid projectile moving at 6-800 fps. The other is the overhead in this venture would be astronomical, sim rounds ain't cheap and neither is the insurance that you will have to carry. It is ok training. I say just ok because the single most important thing in training can't be trained, the is mindset. You can talk about what you would do a thousand times, even practice with squirt guns. But when the shit hits the fan many that you think would stand and fight you will find sucking their thumbs in the fetal position. I've seen it first hand...

This is why i say paintball it is cost effective and there is enough pain to make it where u will not cross a open field walking yet not overwelming penalty for misstakes. FUN lets do it

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is why i say paintball it is cost effective and there is enough pain to make it where u will not cross a open field walking yet not overwelming penalty for misstakes. FUN lets do it

I call Stanley for my team in the paintball war!

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I call Stanley for my team in the paintball war!

I really would love to do it on a Sunday while its cold outside so we can bundle up and not sweat to death. When i was younger,skinnier, and dumber i played for a team and had about $10K in equiptment atleast and now just one old custom gun.

Say January 20th?????

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really would love to do it on a Sunday while its cold outside so we can bundle up and not sweat to death. When i was younger,skinnier, and dumber i played for a team and had about $10K in equiptment atleast and now just one old custom gun.

Say January 20th?????

I have a couple of masks but gave my gun away years ago. We'd have to find somewhere to host it that rented equipment.

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a couple of masks but gave my gun away years ago. We'd have to find somewhere to host it that rented equipment.

Yeah we would go to a large field with rentals and rules/Ref's for sure.

Come on set it up Sunday Jan 20th.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is fun , Blue Angel Hwy / 98 area had a coarse set up with rentals, on the NAS Park off hwy 98. It was reasonable, but that was 1-2 years ago.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Airsoft is the way to go it's cheaper that paintball go check out some youtube videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

pilotpop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the last CAR Instructor school we used airsoft, and it works well up to about 25 ft.. we are trying to set something up for the kids..

Longbow14

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Airsoft is a blast for the feel of your gear. Look up lion laws events I used to play in a few of them. Only drag is I don't think there is anywhere to rent them in the area paintball is the way to go for pick up type games.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sims are okay but really limited to indoor training and real close outdoor. Unless you look at it like it was a real gunfight, and now you have a sunken chest wound, you will be better off with a playstation. You must understand that if you get hit in sim, you would be wounded or dead on the street. The hostage you "Sim" shot is gonna sue you and the department and end your career. Makes a lot of John Wayne's humble.

Top Bottom