• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ammodave

Expert
    I recently had a member offer to buy my classified listing gun thru PayPal. I declined the sale because I felt it violated PayPal’s rules. Is there a downside to the seller using PayPal? Can the buyer use PayPal’s gurarantee to void the sale and leave the seller holding the bag?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I recently had a member offer to buy my classified listing gun thru PayPal. I declined the sale because I felt it violated PayPal’s rules. Is there a downside to the seller using PayPal? Can the buyer use PayPal’s gurarantee to void the sale and leave the seller holding the bag?
    Was it some random member or an established one?. Also pp is anti gun and will delete your account if found out to be buying firearms. No recourse. Probably a scam.

Reactions: FLT

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Was it some random member or an established one?. Also pp is anti gun and will delete your account if found out to be buying firearms. No recourse. Probably a scam.
    I've used pp in the past on here, like alot because I'm not home for months. Friends & Family and mail. No issues ever with ESTABLISHED members.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Definitely violates the PP policy, but it is done all the time, at least on other forums I frequent. As already stated, most sellers accept only "friends & family' payments, which are pretty-much irreversible (there may be exceptions) with no notes or references to the nature of the payment. The risk of both accounts being canceled is real if they know it is firearm related.

Back when I had my FFL, I did it quit a bit, both buying and selling. I never really felt comfortable doing it due to Pay Pal policy, and friends and family payments felt like stealing.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Sold a DD Mk18 handguard, buyer notated payment. They froze my account and kept the money after 18 years of doing business with them. Told me I was lucky they didn't sue me for 25k for breach of user agreement.

Never been robbed before.. Stole $400 from me.

Top Bottom