• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BOUGHT a SCOPE finally. Paid for it. Does not ship till Monday (3 days from now) Went with Bushnell Elite 6500 Riflescopes w/ RainGuard - 4.5-30x50mm. Was my gunsmiths recommendation from my list of choices I gave him. He is at the range every Sunday and said he had owned the majority or at least used the options from my list. Howard Said for the wide range of things I wanted to do with it, this fit the bill best. Retail MSRP is over $1200 and I paid $729 w/free shipping from Optics Planet. They emailed me a special price on it so I sucked it up since had just been told to go with it by smith. The fine multi X reticle was the one I had to take for the price deal.

Hope to post my opinion in no less than 2 weeks.
    Ill be looking to see how clear it is at the full zoom and how it does at DUSK lighting.

Also gotta figure out which Gun to put it on? Sendero in 308 or 25-06? 308 has a nice Leupold VX3 6-20-50 on it now sighted in but I would sure shoot it more offen and more likely to take it hunting for real use.

Attachments

• Sendero twins.jpg
      Sendero twins.jpg
      111.2 KB · Views: 264
    • Sendero 308.jpg
      Sendero 308.jpg
      27.5 KB · Views: 256
    Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    good Lord have mercy....what range are you shooting at with that glass?

I might favor a 7mm mag to put it on, unless you want to bust a gun budget on .338 lapua

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Big 100 yards

Caveman I need all that zoom for 100 yard shots!!!! And I have no need for a p^ssy 338 cause I own a 50 BMG( shot it yesterday)

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      118.8 KB · Views: 237

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    you can part the hair on a gnat's butt with that power....it would do best I think , on the 25-06
    , either is flat or slightly rising at 100 yrds

purty little rifle you got thar...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sooooooo ....... looks like you finally traded in a couple of them NcStars and bought a "one step up" scope huh.

Anyway ..... congratz on the new glass Stan. Took a couple of hours and scoured the net looking for a better deal on that glass so I could laugh at you for paying too much. AND SHIT ... !! ... couldn't find one cheaper. You got a good deal there.

NOW ---> go out and shoot some nads offin thems tree ratz. You da man. --- SAWMAN

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sooooooo ....... looks like you finally traded in a couple of them NcStars and bought a "one step up" scope huh.

Anyway ..... congratz on the new glass Stan. Took a couple of hours and scoured the net looking for a better deal on that glass so I could laugh at you for paying too much. AND SHIT ... !! ... couldn't find one cheaper. You got a good deal there.

NOW ---> go out and shoot some nads offin thems tree ratz. You da man. --- SAWMAN

Sadly I out grew the NC-Star days but still have one left sitting there lonely looking at me. I do still like the Pentax but these damn Sendero's have gotten the wallet opened up lol. Think I'm going to Order a Millet 6-25-56 and a Nikon 5-20-50 today also. The recoil from the 50BMG finally compromised the gases in my scope I have had for 6 years on it and it will not focus after zoomed in as of Sunday's range trip. Osprey Scope's has a Life time warranty but I think it's time for a Millet 35mm Tube????

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea so I just ordered and paid for Millett LRS-1 6-25x56 Tactical Riflescope w/ Illuminated Reticle also. For the 50BMG so this review will come soon ALSO

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Intial Review 3-7-2016 Bushnell Elite 6500

Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5x30-50 came In yesterday. Did an initial review with only 300 yards of sight available. So I set it up on the 25-06 and put in beside my 308 with the Leupold VX3 6.5x20-50 for comparison. On the low zoom of 4.5x it did seem to be the claimed amount considering it was a way shallower view than the Leupolds 6x (super satisfied with that). On the full zoom the Bushnell was more powerful but I would say anywhere from 2x-4x closer magnification but not 10x as claimed (still happy for the money). Now I left them in shooting positions till about 6:40 at night to check light collection. The Bushnell did collect light better but only able to see about 4 mins longer and not enough to be amazed or anything. The Leupold has a 1inch tube and Bushnell a 30mm tube. Ill finish the review after actually shooting with it and getting a view of at least 600 yards or longer.

P.S. on a side note the PENTAX Ultimate Zoom 3x15-50mm that I pulled off the 25-06 collected light better and was able to see much longer than both, to a surprising point!

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pictures

Pictures because without them it did not really happen!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      613.5 KB · Views: 212
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      862.2 KB · Views: 209
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      615.2 KB · Views: 219

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New arrival

In the box

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      702 KB · Views: 207
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      749.5 KB · Views: 210

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey Stan, take a look at the March line of riflescopes. Got a buddy that has two of them and he swears by them. He uses one for antelope hunting in Wyoming. It is mounted on a speciality bolt gun chambered in 7STW.

His other gun that has a March on it is a single shot chambered in 22-250AI. He is a guide in Colorado. --- SAWMAN

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea so I just ordered and paid for Millett LRS-1 6-25x56 Tactical Riflescope w/ Illuminated Reticle also. For the 50BMG so this review will come soon ALSO
    I have that one. Nice for the money. But it monstrous big. And ring selection is limited.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have that one. Nice for the money. But it monstrous big. And ring selection is limited.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It comes with rings and the monsterous big will be great cause the shock and awe factor is what I'm going for on the 50 BMG

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    March rifle scopes WoW

Sawman holy sh!t I looked up the "March" and A. They ain't giving them no name brand scope away! They have one that claims 8x80-56mm for $3K that I need badly lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      105.2 KB · Views: 148

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to the clay pit

I'll try to make a full review this week sometime. Took the New Bushnell 650 Elite and the new Millet LRS-1 out to the clay pit. Bushnell did acceptable and the Millet is a bada$$ B!tch!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      748.5 KB · Views: 129
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      167.8 KB · Views: 121
    Top Bottom