• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok, so I'm slowly getting my stuff together to reload and have to figure out if my electronic scale is up to speed. I have already have an electronic 1000g scale i bought a few a while back that I use for my metal detecting finds (gold, silver, precious metal finds)....so how to insure it is accurate...??? I have seen where you can buy some calibrated weights to check both electronic and bean style...how do you maintain your scale accuracy...??? Thanks for any and all info...

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine came with a 50g calibration weight .....it has a calibration function program.
    I think it's a Frankfort arsenal....pretty inexpensive, but seems to be accurate....might be easier to just get one that has all the pieces than use the one you have.
    Be careful to store the scale in a moderate temp and low humidity. Make sure and let the scale acclimatize to the room you are using it in......otherwise the measurement can vary a little.....15 minutes is usually plenty of time.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My RCBS came with two cal weights and Instructions. You set each one on sep, then both at once. That cals the scale. Now place your powder catch pan on the scale and press zero and it will eliminate the weight of the pan.

Top Bottom