• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huse203

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I have a couple questions with nfa items.

I have a stripped Aero precision lower that I never put together. It's original caliber is .223/5.56 if I wanted to build it as a .300 blk and SBR it are there any considerations for the lower that I need to worry about when buying parts?

For a suppressor is there a good option that would fit 9mm .223 and .300? I know different adaptors may be needed. I have a 9mm pcc and a ar that id like to use the suppressor on but eventually would like to finish the .300 and have a can ready for it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    No consideration for the lower as far as parts. Will need to have it engraved with your name, city, state.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    So I have a couple questions with nfa items.

I have a stripped Aero precision lower that I never put together. It's original caliber is .223/5.56 if I wanted to build it as a .300 blk and SBR it are there any considerations for the lower that I need to worry about when buying parts?

For a suppressor is there a good option that would fit 9mm .223 and .300? I know different adaptors may be needed. I have a 9mm pcc and a ar that id like to use the suppressor on but eventually would like to finish the .300 and have a can ready for it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Torrent Suppressors Orthrus 9mm With Booster

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    No consideration for the lower as far as parts. Will need to have it engraved with your name, city, state.
    do you still have to do that? for some reason I thought that was changed.

you will have to list the caliber of the SBRa...you can't use multi...then if you change the caliber from the original, you will need to submit a letter to update it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    do you still have to do that? for some reason I thought that was changed.

you will have to list the caliber of the SBRa...you can't use multi...then if you change the caliber from the original, you will need to submit a letter to update it.
    No, that was the registration brace scam ya know the "sbr" without a tax stamp thing.

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I love Dead Air suppressors, the Dead Air Wolfman does 9mm, 5.56, 300BLK, 7.62×39, 350 Legend and .357 Mag.
    Or their Primal does anything bigger than 22LR.

Huse203

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent. So the lower I have I can build out like a normal receiver nothing special.

And for suppressors it seems like there's plenty of options for multi use out there. Going to go searching this weekend for places that have a selection(and stock) hopefully this reduced wait time is a real thing.

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Excellent. So the lower I have I can build out like a normal receiver nothing special.

And for suppressors it seems like there's plenty of options for multi use out there. Going to go searching this weekend for places that have a selection(and stock) hopefully this reduced wait time is a real thing.
    I went by 3 shops today, the lower wait time has killed 90% of their stock

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just bought a YHM R9. Short, light, relatively inexpensive, and miraculously I found one in stock :D .

Themumfordman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The Silencer Shop online deal works really well. You still select your local dealer, but since SS has the item and serial number you can pay them for the stamp and get your process started quickly. If you're new to the system you'll still have to go into the store to do fingerprints and finish your paperwork, but you don't have to wait for your local store to have it "in stock" in order to get rolling.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    How does that work with silencer shop? The suppressor has to be at the FFL to start the paperwork? I'm just intimidated with the whole kiosk deal.

Themumfordman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    If it's a SS dealer, and you order on their website, they will have the actual item and serial number already on hand. They can start your paperwork right then, and you go in to the kiosk to do your application (fingerprints, personal info and all that). They will ship the silencer to the local dealer to hold, and really you probably won't even see it until your form is approved.

The big trick with NFA items is you can't file a form 1 or 4 before you have the actual item details (manufacturer, model and serial) on hand. Using the SS system helps since they are the actual supplier to your local dealer, so you're basically getting a bit of a jump start from the distributor.

Themumfordman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I've done it both ways, purchasing from on-hand inventory and also by ordering on SS and choosing my local dealer. Heck, I've also purchased from someone out of state that had to do a Form 3 transfer to my local dealer and do the transfer that way. Once you've gone through the process once it's much less intimidating. By the time you are on your 9th or 10th NFA item...

Latest posts

Top Bottom