• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nice service at Barrancas. Learned some new stuff. I thought he was an AOC...turns out he was an AO1. He was a Seal with 5 tours in Vietnam and 2 purple hearts. He'd never said much about his time in Vietnam to most everyone, so that was a surprise to the attendees (I wonder if the 6 notches in the handle of his Randall #14 knife were part of his Vietnam history). I know he was proud of his Randall, so it must've had some significance to him. His wife said he told her he'd get picked and go on missions, but nothing further. At one point the chaplain asked, "Is Bruce here?" I raised my hand and he said Bruce was his trusted hunting partner.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nice service at Barrancas. Learned some new stuff. I thought he was an AOC...turns out he was an AO1. He was a Seal with 5 tours in Vietnam and 2 purple hearts. He'd never said much about his time in Vietnam to most everyone, so that was a surprise to the attendees (I wonder if the 6 notches in the handle of his Randall #14 knife were part of his Vietnam history). I know he was proud of his Randall, so it must've had some significance to him. His wife said he told her he'd get picked and go on missions, but nothing further. At one point the chaplain asked, "Is Bruce here?" I raised my hand and he said Bruce was his trusted hunting partner.

Thanks again, Bruce, for sharing with those of us who couldn’t attend. I’m glad the service was a good one. Bill and his family deserve it.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I knew he was a Seal only because of the Military History he has given to me and the stories that went alone with them. We have meet a couple of times but we mostly talked on the phone.

Bruce I have always thought you knew this but we just never talked about it.

It was funny because Bruce would be the one to give me a piece of Military History from Bill, but Bill would put it in a bag and either tape it up and or put a million staples in it so Bruce could not open it. Only I was to open the package. So Bruce and I would meet up at my property and hand the package over. Bruce would patiently wait for me to open the package to see what is was this time.

May Bill rest in piece.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Thanks again, Bruce, for sharing with those of us who couldn’t attend. I’m glad the service was a good one. Bill and his family deserve it.
    Nice service at Barrancas. Learned some new stuff. I thought he was an AOC...turns out he was an AO1. He was a Seal with 5 tours in Vietnam and 2 purple hearts. He'd never said much about his time in Vietnam to most everyone, so that was a surprise to the attendees (I wonder if the 6 notches in the handle of his Randall #14 knife were part of his Vietnam history). I know he was proud of his Randall, so it must've had some significance to him. His wife said he told her he'd get picked and go on missions, but nothing further. At one point the chaplain asked, "Is Bruce here?" I raised my hand and he said Bruce was his trusted hunting partner .
    Hero . Warrior . Patriot .

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He’d been there and done that and moved on with his life. He was like most real warriors, in that he felt no need to discuss it. I’ve been fortunate enough to have crossed paths with several men that were cut from that same piece of cloth. Men of his caliber choose their friends very carefully. He was without a doubt the Real Deal.

nrajeeper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry to hear of his passing. Never met or talked to him but enjoyed his posts...

Is there an obituary? Sorry if i missed it if posted - google wasn't much help.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yes he never really talked about his military history. I knew he was a bad ass by some of his stories but would always change the subject. I will cherish our hunts and the knowledge he passed to me. A great loss to our community
    The only stories I ever heard was him doing "courier" work for naval Intel and his love of the 38 super.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Even though Bill and I butted heads every other post, I hate to read of his passing. Rest in peace sir, and prayers to your friends and family.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Damn would I get the same eulogy from you ? Just kidding brother

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well probably not now. Jeez.

Seriously though, I was looking forward to the back and forth banter sawman and I had. Dang sure wasn't expecting to see this after a 5 month hiatus.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    We aren’t promised our next breath, I’m kind of course around the edges, but I try to be better with time. Sawman was pretty abrasive as well, as a buddy of mine described me. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom