• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    A member with 15+ years of knife buying and selling knowledge examined all the knives. Using a program that could search for the knives to get info on them, find ones for sale, and find ones recently sold, he told me what they've sold for and suggested a price/price range to put them for sale at, taking into consideration I don't want to sit on them a long time and our location in the U.S.. The selling price on these is less than the recently sold (mostly at auctions) price was, yet will still get decent $ for Sawman's widow. I have confidence in his for sale pricing, as I sold a few already to members that had specific requests, and there was no questioning the prices. My price followed by prices sold at mainly auctions.

Left to right:

$60 ($80-100). Ka-Bar SOLD PENDING PAYMENT NO WORYZ

$80 ($100). US Camillus. Other than the markings, this reminds me of the USMC Ka-Bar I was issued in my first tour as a Corpsman with the Marines in a grunt unit, which I had to turn in when I left. Knife person says the leather handle is nice for the age of this knife, and this is a been there and done that knife with most of the dark finish/parkerizing worn off from use. Price seems high to me, but he said it's worth it and a real issued knife.

$80 ($129-135). Camillus air crew knife made April 1968. Sheath marked in 3 places HAL-3. Also marked Stark AO2 (aviation ordnance 2nd class petty officer) and marked HW Stark. I know one can buy brand new ones, but again I was told this is a real issued knife and you know who it was issued to and the unit. I wondered if I could find info on HAL-3 and did, quite a bit. Navy Helicopter Attack Squadron (Light) 3, nicknamed the Seawolves. Vietnam search and destroy, recon, MEDEVAC, and Seal team operations. Established April 1, 1967 and decommissioned March 16, 1972. 120,000 combat sorties, 200 members wounded in combat and 44 killed in action. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT TO NO WORYZ

D8D5049A-F3CB-433B-88DD-33AB2BBC1E43.jpeg

Last edited:

kirbwrx

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Hey man I hate that SAWMAN passed but I love that you are able to pass on some of his history. These knives are awesome and tell a great story about the kind of person we lost.

Chaps

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh man I’m late to the party. i would luv to have the 68 aircrew knife. Sawman meant a lot to me and so would this Knife as an aviator and friend of his. No Woryz if you change your mind, please let Bruce know. I live down the road from him. I’d appreciate it

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom