• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Went out to quintette sat to sight in my 308 and check on my 30-06.. been a while since I have been there.. pretty nice clubhouse with football playin on the big screen..

Folks were as nice as could be .. I think they lowered the price as it was only 12 bucks plus tax .. even threw a couple of the sight in targets with the 1 inch grid..

rich

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I asked about the 200 yard range as last I heard that what they were talking about.. 100 yards only for now.. lady said they need to recoup their 43,000 or something they paid for the current berm before they can afford to knock it down and move it back.. some expensive dirt if you ask me..

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was out there Saturday around 900-1100 myself testing ammo, very nice customer service and setup for all.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I asked about the 200 yard range as last I heard that what they were talking about.. 100 yards only for now.. lady said they need to recoup their 43,000 or something they paid for the current berm before they can afford to knock it down and move it back.. some expensive dirt if you ask me..

Lmao. I have probably shot half that much in lead and copper into that berm over the years. Tell her to start mining metals and selling them. They do have a nice clays range though.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went for the first time in a long time last week. I was very surprised at the improvements made to that place. It was nice to see. Talked a little with the staff and they said that they are on a 3-4 year plan from this point on to slowly add new ammenities etc... They have sunk a lot of money in the place in a short period of time.

Last edited:

insidethebox

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm new to rifle shooting and have only taken my recent AR build to the indoor range in Gulf Breeze. I just picked up 300 rounds of XM855 green tip, which I know I cannot take to the indoor range. Forgive my ignorance, but are there similar restrictions for steel ammo for an outdoor range such as Santa Rosa Shooting Center?

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm new to rifle shooting and have only taken my recent AR build to the indoor range in Gulf Breeze. I just picked up 300 rounds of XM855 green tip, which I know I cannot take to the indoor range. Forgive my ignorance, but are there similar restrictions for steel ammo for an outdoor range such as Santa Rosa Shooting Center?

http://www.santarosashootingcenter.com/rulesOfTheRange.cfm

Only mentions •No tracer or incendiary type ammunition allowed on range

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have shot green tips there before... back when they didn't cost an arm and a leg.. nice thing bout santa rosa is they have rapid fire days on certain Thursdays and Saturdays.. I would grab some cheap 55 grain ammo to burn thru.. and save the greenies... give them a call..

rich

Top Bottom