• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Anybody own one of the Ruger Wrangler 22’s ?
    The prices just seem too cheap to be a Ruger firearm and was wondering if anyone on the forum had experience with one, pros and cons....

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Well the heritage rough rider I've got is cheap and still going,(22,22mag) have had it for several years ( hundreds of rounds) and the ruger has to be better made? If not get the heritage. Best $50 dollar gun I ever bought.

Attachments

• 20191003_085525.jpg
      20191003_085525.jpg
      591.6 KB · Views: 76

hound_dog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought one a couple weeks ago and really like it. It’s not a beauty contest winner, but it’s functional and is fun to shoot. It needed a good oiling out the box (the action was a little sticky). Mine has ate a brick of ammo so far without issue.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have one and its ok. Single action isn't my favorite, but its makes sure my siblings don't blow through my 22 ammo. :)

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve got a pair with one black and one silver. For $200.00 it’s a steal. It’s one of those guns than in 20 years your going to regret not buying. In the 60’s dad bought a cheap ruger bearcat. This is no bearcat but modern CNC has brought production prices down.

There are some nice aftermarket grips that really dress it up. So if you go that route you’ll spend another $40-60.

Cerakote frame should be durable.

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am glad they cost $200, not $2000.

There are currently 11 color options available.

Between what is already in the safe or soon to be arriving in my grubby mitts, I have 9 colors. Lacking the cobalt blue and orchid. The blue includes a nice holster.

They shoot as good as the nut the gun behind the trigger.

To me, the free spin pawl and no cross bolt safety is worth the extra cost versus a Heritage.

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am glad they cost $200, not $2000.

There are currently 11 color options available.

Between what is already in the safe or soon to be arriving in my grubby mitts, I have 9 colors. Lacking the cobalt blue and orchid. The blue includes a nice holster.

They shoot as good as the nut the gun behind the trigger.

To me, the free spin pawl and no cross bolt safety is worth the extra cost versus a Heritage.
    You have 9? You must really like the model. I might scoop one next black Friday if they go 175 or something. I have so many other guns on my list before I get to another 22 handgun but I think the member above is right about kicking myself over not getting one in 20 or 30 years. My wife says we need to get the imports we want before the government possibly restricts them

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You have 9? You must really like the model. I might scoop one next black Friday if they go 175 or something. I have so many other guns on my list before I get to another 22 handgun but I think the member above is right about kicking myself over not getting one in 20 or 30 years. My wife says we need to get the imports we want before the government possibly restricts them

In a few years hopefully my great nephews and nieces will appreciate them.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got mine for $200 out the door.

As far as the sights they are okay. It’s a plinker and a fun one at that. It’s not going to be a target pistol.

Since they offer different grips hopefully other options will be available in the future with adjustable sights.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a couple of the Wranglers. If you are expecting the same fit and finish as a Single Six, then you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a great high quality plinker, then by all means get one and enjoy it. I love mine and my wife loves hers. It’s Ruger quality at a fraction of the price. The rear groove sight was a little disappointing at first but is surprisingly accurate. Any Ruger Single Six grip or holster will fit the Wrangler. The only issue I ran into was the factory grip screw was just a hint too short but a trip to Home Depot fixed that.

hound_dog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just buy one, you’ll like it. If not it would be easily sold on here for cost.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hate the manual safety on the Heritage. I thought I'd get over its "mole on the face" distraction but it's an eyesore and glaring reminder of lawyer generated gun design. 12 Rounds through it and it will never go to the range with me again. Anybody with a Benjamin is welcome to it.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    The manual safety on the Heritage is pretty lame, but I find the Heritage to be more fun to shoot than the Wrangler. The clicky action of the Heritage and having to half cock for loading and unloading make it more engaging and fun to me. The Wrangler is a fine fun, but I don't get the same level of engagement in it.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heritage may be a fine gun. I picked one up wasn’t impressed with fit and finish. Prefer the Ruger. Any measurable difference? Probably not.

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you want some fancy grips for your Wrangler (or Rough Rider) that won't bust your budget, check these folks out. Based in Hayesville, NC USA.

I ordered two sets off ebay, a Fleur de Lis and another floral pattern, the checkering was great.

Check 'em out.

Top Bottom