• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. is pleased to announce the initial production and shipment of Ruger-made, Marlin lever-action rifles. Ruger is shipping the first Marlin model, the 1895 SBL chambered in .45-70 Govt. Ruger-made, Marlin 1895 SBL rifles are marked with "Mayodan, NC," bear an "RM" or Ruger-Made serial number prefix, have the Marlin Horse and Rider logo laser engraved on their grip, and also feature a red and white "bullseye" on the buttstock. Additional models are scheduled for release throughout the coming year; specifically, other variations of the Model 1895, as well as the reintroduction of the Model 336 and Model 1894.

1641311355439.png

wvfatboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. is pleased to announce the initial production and shipment of Ruger-made, Marlin lever-action rifles. Ruger is shipping the first Marlin model, the 1895 SBL chambered in .45-70 Govt. Ruger-made, Marlin 1895 SBL rifles are marked with "Mayodan, NC," bear an "RM" or Ruger-Made serial number prefix, have the Marlin Horse and Rider logo laser engraved on their grip, and also feature a red and white "bullseye" on the buttstock. Additional models are scheduled for release throughout the coming year; specifically, other variations of the Model 1895, as well as the reintroduction of the Model 336 and Model 1894.

View attachment 144350

View attachment 144350
    I think this will even be a better 1895.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Saw that the other day, and as above mentioned makes me wonder how they will compare to the Remlins.

Same factory, wonder if the QC process is different.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Saw that the other day, and as above mentioned makes me wonder how they will compare to the Remlins.

Same factory, wonder if the QC process is different.

Marlin is back," said Ruger President and CEO, Chris Killoy. "Since the move of over 100 truckloads of equipment and inventory back in November 2020, our engineering team took the 1895 through a complete design and production review focused on achieving the highest quality, accuracy, and performance standards. The end result is a quality rifle, produced using modern manufacturing methods, that consumers will be sure to enjoy and proud to own." Ruger-made, Marlin 1895 SBL rifles are marked with "Mayodan, NC," in their new North Carolina facility.

Last edited:

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nice. Would be interesting to see the two compared side-by-side.

I sold my SBL because I have the twin of it in the GBL Model. It's pretty nice.

MARLIN 1895 GBL.jpg

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Not a SBL but 1895 GS. Its definitely a tack driver...I'm curious as to what the price will be for the new models...and yes, the front objective has a rear scope cap, but it works great. JM marked bbl...

Attachments

• 20220104_112725.jpg
      20220104_112725.jpg
      680.9 KB · Views: 64

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sippin on my morning coffee at work reading about it in a magazine, nice several page article.

I was wondering why the barrel was 1/2inch longer than the Marlin one, now I know. Threaded barrel.

20220105_062114.jpg

20220105_062130.jpg

Quin10

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    is it too much power for deer? I would be a first time hunter so looking around, I just want to be prepared for whatever game without having to buy another rifle later

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    is it too much power for deer? I would be a first time hunter so looking around, I just want to be prepared for whatever game without having to buy another rifle later
    I second the Hornady LeverEvolution ammo. I shoot that almost exclusively in my 1895gs.

Not too much for short to medium range deer and hog shooting. A great caliber and you can buy some Buffalo Bore ammo if decide later that you need a kick by a mule in the shoulder.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with the 1894. I have been super impressed with the other Ruger .44’s I have and would love to add a Ruger built 1894 to the mix. A .44 out of a rifle has become my favorite “brush gun” and I even sold my last 30/30 because of how much luck I have had with the .44. The Hornady Leverevolution 225 grain is a thumper for sure for the ranges I am shooting deer and hogs with. Usually 30-100 yards. All animals have been DRT!

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Quin10

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Ruger Marlin is $100 more and a much better rifle, barrel design is one of the few that will hold the high power stuff. That and it holds 6 instead of 4, Laminate instead of Polymer stock.
    the Henry is hard wood, but the marlin looks nice too

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jurys still out on the Remlins as far as I’m concerned they will never be up to par with a 1980 JM marlin. Personally I think they went to crap when they added the “cross-bolt safety” that alone has stopped me from dealing with Marlins on several occasions. The next two Marlins on my must have list is a .41mag, and a .357 old school “no CBS, and it must say JM on the barrel” no exceptions! They will be mine once I recover from my holiday gun buying illness… unfortunately they both command a premium…

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jurys still out on the Remlins as far as I’m concerned they will never be up to par with a 1980 JM marlin. Personally I think they went to crap when they added the “cross-bolt safety” that alone has stopped me from dealing with Marlins on several occasions. The next two Marlins on my must have list is a .41mag, and a .357 old school “no CBS, and it must say JM on the barrel” no exceptions! They will be mine once I recover from my holiday gun buying illness… unfortunately they both command a premium…
    I hated the cross bolt safety, enough that I replaced mine with one from Beartooth Mercantile. Now it looks like a slotted screw head..

Top Bottom